first day

It has been three months since we came to live with the guys and father Fujimoto. After the first month we were given presents b father Fujimoto. He gave me an acoustic guitar. I looked at him astonished that he knew I could play.

“How?” I asked him. He smiled.

“I saw you walking by a broken guitar, you looked at it and played, you gave it thanks for its last song after it broke. You must really love playing.”

As time went by me and my friends got jobs and saved up to buy more instruments. I later bought an electric guitar; Taiyo bought a drum set and Suta bought a bass guitar. We would play for the guys once in a while, but I mostly played on my acoustic.

In that same month my powers were awaken. I could transform, apparently I could be a fox, cat, or like Rin. My tails and ears can change forms, and my flame is different in each transformation. In my fox form my flame floats around me, in my cat form my flame is around my neck, and in my normal demon form is like Rin’s. as the months went by I noticed an increase in the number of coal demons around the area. Maybe the time is getting closer. Today we had the day off and were lazing around.

“Hey you guys go pick up your forms from the mail post, you guys can be exorcists,” said father as he walked by us. We got up immediately and ran down to the post office. We got our papers. I was so excited, I wanted to tell father Fujimoto, I came to see him as the father I never had, but as we got closer I could smell fire. I ran ahead of my friends, the place was burning up. I ran inside and saw Rin hugging the lifeless body of father Fujimoto. I kneeled besides him and hugged him, I stroked his hair to sooth him.

“It will be alright, I promise.” Rin kept crying.

Days later we held the father’s funeral. I felt sick with all this craziness around me. I was walking amongst the grave stones when I saw Rin. He wasn’t alone, in an instant I was in front of Rin facing a strangely dressed man. The man an eyebrow at me. I showed my fangs.

“Mika, what’s wrong?” asked Rin.

“That man is Mephisto Pheles, head master a true cross academy.”

“You know me?” I nod.

“Do you know why I have come?”

“To make Rin an exorcist.” He laughed. I smirk and stand up straight.

“Why do you laugh if it’s true, you know you want to know what would happen if he became one.”

“You’re right, will you be coming as well.”

“Yes, we got accepted to cram school.”

“I see, I’ll pick you all up then, until then.” He waves off.

Time skip--------------

We were all in a limousine. It was very awkward; the tension from Rin was unbearable. He was probably thinking how Yukio and he haven’t spoken to each other since the funeral. I was sitting next to him so I tapped his shoulder. He looks up.

“It will be alright, I bet you and Yukio will speak to each other in no time,” I told him and gave him a reassuring smile. We got out of the limo and went to class.

-------- cram school ------------

I had my guitar on my back, the same one father Fujimoto gave me. I won’t let it go. Anyway I and my friends were walking inside a class room. I saw Rin was inside with a dog that smelled like that Waco weirdo. I was the last to enter and suddenly I was hugged from the waist. I looked down and saw a pinked haired boy. I started to blush; I always thought Shima was kinda cute.

“Finally the gods have answered my prayers and have sent a beautiful muse to our dreaded school. A true goddess.” Rin started to laugh at this and fell out of his chair.

“You’re Renzou Shima right?”

“The goddess knows my name!”

“Um, sorry to tell you this but I’m a guy.” I tell him while scratching the back of my head. He turned white.

“Another poor fool that is fooled by your beauty, hmm Mika-kun.”

“Okimura-sensei, will class be starting?”

“Yes now everyone please take a seat.” We did as we were told. I didn’t pay much attention to the lesson I wonder who will be my roommate.

After the lesson ----------------------

I walked up to a room within the dorms, the number said 423. I unlocked the door and went in. the room was undisturbed so my roomie hasn’t gotten here yet. I started to undress, finally getting out of the uniform. I let my tail sway a bit, I’m in my demon form, I have the same tail as Rin since it’s easier to hide. I put on my pajamas and was going out to see my friends when the knob turned and the door opened. I hid my tail. I watched as Shima came in and dropped his things near the other bed. He looked at me and blushed a bit. I looked down. I was wearing Pj pants that were around my waist and a tight shirt, making my slender frame more noticeable. I went to bed and buried myself in the sheets and closed my eyes. Why did he have to be my roommate?