Chapter Five

D Y L A N

My pup cried himself to sleep, I haven't heard anything from Roland and it worries me. I don't understand how rogues manage to get through the border, Roland made sure to put extra strict security throughout the pack and borderline.

It bought back unwanted memories, I could hear his voice whispering to me like he's standing behind me. Memories of the cage flash before me but I only think about Cameron and Roland that manages to keep me sane. If it wasn't for them my mind wouldn't belong to me anymore. 

"He'll be okay Dylan" said Landon. We carried our pups to my bedroom and laid them both on the bed, they both instantly held hands as they slept. Winter crying for his father and Cameron does the same crying for Roland to be by his side. The two pups cried themselves to sleep holding others hand in comfort. It broke mine and Landon's heart, our comforting weren't enough to cry out to Roland and Rogan. We weren't sure when they'll return of if any of them are injured. All I could think about is Roland, I hugged myself praying to the moon to bring Roland and everyone home safely.

I thought the existence of rogues were finally gone. After what happen years ago, we manage to move on from it. Just thinking about brings shiver down my spine.

"They're back!" said Landon. I quickly rushed out of the bedroom and gasped seeing Roland walked inside naked covered in blood along with Rogan. I fought hard to blind the memories away from my mind, seeing Roland covered in blood is enough to trigger something I wish to ignore.

"A-Are you hurt? What happened?" I asked. Emotions errupted within me like a volcano, seeing Roland like thia frightened me. Not knowing whether he's alive or injured terrified me in ways beyond my control.

"It's okay love, calm down. I could feel your distress and worry, I am not injured and everyone else is fine" he replied. Immediately the alpha held my hand kissing it gently to ease my concern.

"Where's my pup" asked Rogan. Landon dared not to challenge Rogan's wolf and lead him to our pups where they slept on my bed. Rogan instantly kneeled down and sniff his son gently rubbing his scent onto him. Roland done the same to Cameron. Both slightly stirred but continue to sleep.

"Rogues are in the dungeon, Roland." said Joseph. We change location setting into the living room.

"Asher, I want you to investigate the border. Gather security footage while you're add it." Roland ordered. Suffering the remaining vanilla sponge cake into his mouth Asher nods dashing through the front in wolf form.

"How did the rogued pass through thr guards. Weren't there about ten wolves on patrol?" asked Landon.

"That's the problem, none were at their station thus rogues are able to pass through with ease." Roland replied. Doesn't make sense, where did the ten wolves go?

"If four got through then that means there's more. Roland I cannot continue living in fear, I-I can't let Cameron to go through what we did" I said. The possibilities of history repeating itself frightens me more than I thought. I am trying to recover from my past, I want to be a better father for my boy. With this happening, I fear the worst.

"Rogan, I want all war wolves guarding each house in the pack. Gather men to assist you training the females, they need to learn basic self defence. I am not taking any chances risking lives in my pack." Roland ordered. Rogan wasted no time complying with his demands leaving Landon and Winter with me.

"Stay here and do not go anywhere. The pack is on lock down, you know the rules." he said.