The Night Everything Changed

Jannet POV:

It was late at night, and I was at a party that my friend, Jessica, dragged me too. I haven't been to a party for so long. At least, not since high school. We left after work to come to this party. A party that was being held by a billionaire. I had no idea why we came, especially since we weren't invited, but Jessica wanted to do something fun since we were done with college. And who was I to disappoint her? I had my hair pulled back into a low bun. I was wearing a black dress, that had a white design at the top with silver earrings and black high heels.

Unlike Jessica, who was mingling with many people at the party and who was also getting drunk, I was standing in the corner, sipping on some wine

Unlike Jessica, who was mingling with many people at the party and who was also getting drunk, I was standing in the corner, sipping on some wine. I looked out at everyone at the party. They all looked like they were having a fun time, and here I was dreading the fact that I came. Partying was definitely not for me. There was a man looking at me from across the room. He was dressed in a black suit and tie. He was clean-shaven and very handsome. He started to walk over to me, so I turned my head to look at something else.

"So why is a beautiful woman doing in a corner?" He asked.

I smiled at him. I tried not to blush, but who could stop. I automatically got butterflies in my stomach. "I don't exactly come to these things much, and when I do I don't exactly have a good time."

"Well then, let's see if we can change that," He said.

A waitress walked by with a tray of beer. He took two bottles off the tray. One was for me, and the other was for him. He handed me one of the beer bottles, while he had the other one in his hand. After that, we both hung out with each other at the party. We started drinking a couple of bottles of beer and talking. Soon enough, one drink turned into many. I didn't know what was going on around me. It was like I couldn't control myself anymore. Things were becoming blurry. I knew that I had become very drunk.

The last thing I could remember clearly from the party was walking up a set of stairs, with the man, and going into a bedroom.

***

I woke up to the sun shining through the bedroom window. I blinked my eyes a couple of times so that I could adjust my eyes to the sunlight. I sat up and immediately felt pain in my head. I felt like my head was a big bowling ball. I placed my right hand on my forehead for a couple of seconds. Then, I sat up and looked around the room. Nothing was familiar to me. Where was I? There were beer bottles on the floor, along with some clothes. I am not in my room, so where am I? I heard a moan come from behind me, so I turned around slowly and found the man from the party last night, asleep in the same bed as I was.

My heartbeat immediately picked up the pace. I started to panic. What happened last night? I quietly got out of the bed and put on my dress from last night. I picked up all my belongings quietly, so I wouldn't wake him up. Then, I walked downstairs and left.

On the way home, I called Jessica and told her to meet me at my place. When I got home, I took a shower and changed into jean shorts and a white tank. When Jessica arrived, we sat down on my couch, and I told her everything.

I was freaking out because I couldn't remember anything from last night. I didn't know who the man was, except that he was the man I hung out with at the party. I didn't know his name, or who he was, but Jessica did. I learned that he was the billionaire, who hosted the party. I immediately felt terrible. I had slept with someone who was not my husband, but who was also a very respected and successful billionaire.

Things couldn't get any worse for me, but I was evidently wrong. They could get worse. And it did.