Telling Him the News

It's been two weeks since the party took place. At first, things were perfectly fine and went back to normal for me, but now I am not so sure. I simply thought that I must be late because of the stress, but it has been two weeks and I am starting to panic. I went to the grocery store after work and picked up a pregnancy test. Once five minutes went by, I got the results from the test. After looking at the test, my heart sank in my chest. I looked at the test once more and was shocked by its results. Jessica came over to my place for a little bit to check up on me. She knew that I had been acting weird at work lately and wanted to see if everything was okay. But nothing was.

"Jannet, what is going on? You are worrying me so much. Please tell me what is going on with you." Jessica said.

"I took a pregnancy test, Jessica." I started.

"Oh, what were the results?" Jessica asked.

"I'm pregnant."

A couple of tears started to fall down my cheeks. Jessica gave me a hug. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I know that I shouldn't feel bad, but how could I not? I did something terrible, and now it is going to affect my life. I don't even know what to do anymore. Jessica handed me a tissue. She looked at me like she wanted to say something, so I waited for her to give me some advice.

"You know that you have to tell him, right?" Jessica said.

I nodded. As much as I didn't want to, I knew that I had too. I had to tell him that I was pregnant and that it was his. I needed him to make the decision to be in our child's life or not because it wasn't about me anymore. I had to do what is best for my child now.

I drove to the mansion and parked my car out on the side of the street. I walked up to the front door of the mansion and ringed the doorbell. It only took a couple of minutes, for a maid to open the front door.

"Can I help you?" The maid asked.

"Yes, I am here to see William Atwood," I answered.

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No, but it is really important that I speak with him," I replied.

The maid let me come inside to wait, while she went to fetch Mr. Atwood. She closed the door behind me and went upstairs to get William. While I was waiting, I looked around the mansion. Just being here brought terrible thoughts to my mind. If only I hadn't come to that party, maybe things would be different. But, I know that I can never go back to change them.

"Can I help you?" A man asked from behind me.

I turned around and saw William walking down the stairs. He was dressed in a very elegant suit. I had already taken into account that he might not remember because we were pretty drunk, but I had to at least try to explain everything. It wasn't going to be easy, but things usually aren't.

"Is there something I can help you with?" William asked.

"You probably don't remember me, but..."

I hesitated. Should I just apologize and walk out that door? I could tell that William was confused. I knew he didn't recognize me, and I couldn't blame him for that.

"Is there someplace we can talk in private?" I asked.

William nodded his head. I followed him into his office, where he took a seat behind his desk. He offered me a seat in front of his desk, but I didn't want to sit down. I felt like I could explain things to him better standing up.

"Do you remember when you held that party, two weeks back?"

"Of course," William answered with a smile.

"Well I was at your party, and I had met you there," I explained.

"Oh yes, I remember you now. You were the one in the corner, wearing that beautiful dress," William said with a smile.

I was flattered that he thought I was beautiful. It made me blush after he said that. And I can't believe that he did remember me. I definitely felt a little bit better about this situation.

"I don't know how to tell you this, but I feel like it is something you need to know about. We were both drunk at the party and the next morning, I woke up in your bedroom, with you. I came here today, to tell you that I am pregnant. But, more importantly, I am pregnant with your child."

I could tell that William was shocked. I knew that he wasn't taking it well either. It was like he had just seen a ghost.

"Is this a joke? Are you sure that it is even mine?" William asked.

After hearing those things, I completely lost it. I can't believe he thought that I would do something like that!

"How dare you accuse me of something like that," I shouted.

"I don't even know you," William yelled as he stood up from his desk chair.

I stopped. My heart was pounding. I started breathing in and out for air. I took a couple of minutes to collect myself, to think of the words to say. I was so hurt right now that my eyes started to fill up with tears. I pulled myself together because I wasn't going to show him how sad I was.

"Look, Mr. William Atwood, I don't care that you are a billionaire. All I care about is that we both made a mistake that night at the party, and now we are paying for it. Maybe one more than the other. I don't want your money, and I certainly don't need you to believe me that this child is yours. I am perfectly capable of taking care of both of us without you. I just came here to tell you that I am pregnant because I thought the father, of this baby, should know. Now, whether you decide to be in its life is totally up to you." I yelled.

William sat back in his chair. He didn't say anything, and he didn't need too because I know his answer. And it was clear of what he wanted. I walked out of his office and out of his house. I headed to my car and drove away, with tears in my eyes. I was hurt and scared for the future.