3

3rd POV

Jack opened his eyes realizing Mark hadn't come to bed yet. When he did, he got up and off the bed. He peeked out into the living room to see Mark next to his big brother, sad and upset.

"Mark what's wrong?" He asked as he sat next to him. He looked up at him. "You love Danny more than me now..." He said sadly. Jack gasped. "What!? No I would never! You're the best friend I've ever had!"

He hugged him tightly. Mark was surprised, but relieved and happy to hear that. "I am?"

"Always!"

Mark smiled and chuckled as he scratched him a bit under his chin. Jack closed his eyes and purred. Mark thought it was cute everytime he did that. "See Mark? You're still his one and only." Tom smiled at him.

Mark hugged him back gently. Tom could tell when they were older, they may even become more than just friends.

~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

Later in the day, the three of them went to the park together. Things were going pretty well until Mark lost the other two. "Jack? Danny? Where'd you go?" He looked around and saw them sitting by the pond.

Mark's face heated up again. He quickly made his way to them. "What are you doing?" He asked them. "Oh hi Mark. We're playing with the ducks." Danny answered. He turned back around.

Jack was too busy playing, he didn't notice Mark come over. Mark misunderstood this as Jack completely ignoring him. It frustrated him. Out of instinct, he managed to find himself pushing Danny into the pond.

Jack's jaw dropped. "Mark!! What did you do that for!?" He was quick to help Danny out of the water. Mark immediately regretted what he'd done. "I-I'm sorry...I was...um..." He didn't know what to say to him.

Danny wiped his face, spitting out the water which he was soaked in. "You're mean! Leave me alone!" He stood up and ran to his mom who was back at the park. Jack sat there with his arms crossed and a distasteful look on his face.

"That wasn't nice, Mark. He didn't do anything to you." He stood up and walked away from him. Now he was alone. He didn't mean to get so angry. Jack was right. Danny didn't do anything to deserve that.

Mark was just being selfish. He hung his head low as he slowly trailed over to his brother on the bench. If he hadn't already, he was more than close to losing his best friend. "Hey Mark. How come Jack and Danny left so early?" Tom asked.

Mark felt the guilt build up. "I was being a bully...I didn't mean to, I promise I didn't." He tried to make it clear, hoping Tom wouldn't be mad at him either. He sighed and put a hand on his back.

"You can't let jealousy get to you like this, bud. I can see how much you care about him though."

Mark's ears dropped down. Is that what that was? Jealousy?

"What's jealousy?" Mark asked. "Well, it's what you feel when Danny is around Jack. When Jack is hanging out with someone else and not you, you get jealous." He explained. In that case, he was very jealous.

Right then his ears propped up and he jumped from the bench, heading down the sidewalk. "Hey! Mark wait up!" Tom shouted, picking up his bag and following him.

Mark ran to the point he was on all fours. He saw Jack up ahead walking slowly to the house. "Jack!"

He turned and his eyes widened, seeing Mark charging towards him at full speed. "Mark stop!" But there wasn't enough friction to bring himself to a halt. He ended up crashing right into him.

They rolled across the ground about six feet before they stopped. Mark had him pinned to the ground. "What are you doing???"

"I'm sorry."

"For what???"

"For being jealous. I didn't want to hurt anyone, I just wanted to spend time with you..." He told him, still catching his breath. Jack was doing the same. Mark climbed off of him and sat in shame.

Jack sat up. "You still think I don't love you?" Jack asked him. Mark kept his head down. Jack moved next to him. "Mark I'll always love you. I can have this many friends and you'd still be the best one." He put his arms out wide.

Mark couldn't help but laugh. He was so adorable. "You don't mean that."

"But I do!" He attacked Mark with a hug, making him laugh more. Tom eventually caught up, his breath far gone. "Geez. Why are dogs so fast...shit..."

Mark and Jack's ears both stood up straight as they turned their heads toward him. "Ooooooooh!" They said in unison.

"What??"

"You said a bad word! I'm telling mom!" Mark claimed. Tom knew he was about to run. "Wait, don't-!" But both of them were already nearly out of sight. Tom groaned and made his way home.