ii

"lol what is that," jung hoseok laughed while pointing.

both boy's heads looked a little closer into the box that held a laughing baby boy dressed in a tiny little turtle suit. hoseok's head tilted to the side and the baby mimicked his actions before bursting into more laughter.

jimin, hoseok's friend, stared at the little creature before bursting into a wide, crescent eyes smile. "i think it's a baby!"

hoseok looked at jimin in confusion, "what is a baby dressed in a turtle suit doing on my doorstep?"

shrugging, jimin bit into his cheese stick in concern, "i think the parent didn't want their child."

the older of the two looked back at the happy baby with sympathy, "who wouldn't want this little ball of sunshine?"

the baby splurted out random noises before reaching out its' tiny, chubby hand towards hoseok, opening and closing his five fingers. hoseok melted at the baby's cuteness and picked him up, grinning at him, "hey little baby! aren't you a little cutie?"

the baby laughed, his head bobbing from side to side as hoseok laughed alongside him. he held the baby directly beside him and pointed towards his face, gesturing towards jimin, "who could leave this little baby?"

jimin waved at the smiling baby with his sweatshirt clad hands, laughing with him, "hoseok, he kind of looks like you! he even smiles and laughs just as much as you."

hoseok laughed, putting the baby on his hip, "if only he was my son. i'd love him more than his father ever did. leaving this poor one here in front of a stranger. what a sad beginning."

"poor boy," jimin frowned, taking out his phone, saying he was going to call child protection services.

that left time for the baby and hoseok to bond a little. but all hoseok could do was stare at at the baby. the baby stared back with wide eyes. he started laughing cutely again, pulling on hoseok's bright orange hair this time.

hoseok's smile disappeared as his hair was yanked down from the baby's strong grip. "ow, ow, ow!"

the baby simply laughed, enjoying the male's pain.

laughing, hoseok pointed his finger at the baby, "you're a naughty boy aren't you?"

smiling, hoseok wondered how old the baby was. nine months? ten months?

before hoseok could say anything again, jimin ran in, face pale and in shock.

"what's wrong, jimin? what did they say?" hoseok asked, concerned.

jimin's mouth moved spastically but no words were said. except from an unexpected mouth.

"dada!"