Chapter 1

Jack

You would think, after the first time, we would learn not to stick our noses in places where they didn't belong. Nope.

"Dude, oh my God!" Ken whispers beside me, peeking through the bushes in disbelief. I cringe a little at the sight of what I saw.

"Oh gross, this is sick!" I whisper, averting my eyes in a different direction, away from the two high schoolers making love behind the cafeteria.

"I can't believe it!" Ken says, taking out his phone. "The rumors were true! Maddie is cheating on Brad with Tony!" He snaps a quick photo, no doubt he was going to use it as blackmail somehow. I wrinkle my nose in irritation as their moans got louder and louder.

"Okay, you got your stupid photo, can we please leave?" I rub my eyes, trying to ignore the grunts and the slapping sound of skin.

"Hell no dude! The more photos, the better we can hold it against her!" I shake my head, standing up.

"There is no 'we' in this. There's only you." I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "This is wrong, I'm gonna go home." Ken shrugs, focusing his attention back on the lovers.

~~~

God that was so wrong on so many levels! I shiver in disgust, walking up the driveway leading to my house. I mean, I can understand Ken trying to get back at Maddie for what she did but jeez!

No sooner had I opened the door to my house, my parents were all over me. Pa stood with his arms crossed in front of the kitchen table while Ma cooks dinner at the stove.

"Where were you?" Pa asks as I take my shoes off.

"I was at school."

"You were at school until 7:30?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. I nod.

"Yeah, I was working on a project with Ken and lost track of time." I lied. Ma turns off the stove and starts grabbing plates.

"Well," she says quietly. "The least you could have done was text one of us that you were staying after to finish a project."

"Sorry Ma, it just slipped my mind." She sighs.

"Just go wash up for dinner," was all she said. I sigh, feeling my phone buzz in my pocket as I make my way down the hall. It pull it out and check who it was. It was Ken.

Dude, What're you doing tomorrow?!

I don't know dude, probably just chill at home, why?

Not even a second later he replied.

We should totally go chk out the mansion! Jeff is doing it and so should we!

I sigh, scratching the back of my neck. Everyone knows that all who went into that house after it was put up for sale, was never seen again. However, it would be pretty cool to see what the inside of that mansion looked like. After all, it was a murder scene.

Okay.

Great! See you round 8?

Why so early in the morning?

The earlier, the more time we will have to explore!

True. Okay, I'll see you round 8.

"Jack?" Ma down the hall. "Dinner is done!"

"Okay, be there in a second!" I set my phone down on the night stand, smiling a little. Tomorrow was going to be a fun day and I couldn't wait.