Chapter 2

The next morning I shoved on some clothes and snuck out the front door before either of my parents were awake. Yeah, I know I was going to be in more trouble than I already was by the time I get back, but it was worth it.

~~

"Hey dude!" Ken yells when he sees me walking towards him. I smile a little bit. "Ready to do this?" 

I nod, looking towards the infamous house everyone keeps talking about on school. "Totally dude. Let's get this done and over with."

We walked up the short driveway and instantly I started to get goosebumps. Not wanting to seem like a wimp to Ken, I followed right behind him. It wasn't until we stood in front of the door that I started to get chills down my spine and started to have second thoughts about this.

"Hey Ken.." I mutter uneasily, glancing around. "Maybe we shouldn't.."

"No Jack," He responds, grasping the door handle. "Don't you dare pussy out on me now. I will tell the whole school about how much of a wimp you are if you back out of this now!"

"But Ken," I whisper, feeling my chest grow heavy. "I honestly don't think that this is a good idea. Don't you remember what happened to everyone else who tried to go in this house?"

He ignored me and opened the front door wide. Darkness and layers of dust glared back at us. Stepping through, I let out a sigh of relief as nothing bad had happened.

"Wow!" Ken breathes as we both took in the surroundings. The living room was beautiful, granted that there were layers of dust everywhere you looked. Everything was untouched. The couch was a beautiful shade of blue matching the dark blue painted walls. There was a small, round, oak coffee table sat in the middle of the room with old books piled on top.

"Everything is so.."

"Elegant?" Ken finishes for me. I nod, walking forward a little.

"I wonder why nobody ever bothered to buy this house after those kids were murdered. This place is so beautiful. I would want to live here."

Oh, so you would want to live here?

Both Ken and I froze as the front door slams shut behind us.

"Jack, what did you do?" Ken hisses at me as the chandelier above us flickers on and off.

"I didn't do a damn thing and you know it!" I growl, turning around and gave the door handle a twist. Nothing happened. I tried again. Still, nothing happened. 

There was multiple creepy laughs as Ken and I start to freak out. There was nothing that we could do. Whoever was playing with us was getting amusement out of our misery.

Go down and greet them!

Yeah, go down and greet them. They wanted to live here so let's make them feel right at home!

"Um.." I muster out. "I-I never said I wanted to-"

Silence! A voice booms out. Both Ken and I whimper as a shadowy form forms in front of us. It was a teenager with black hair, wearing a white t-shirt and black jeans stands in front of us. You are in my house. You will abide by my rules.

He opens his eyes. Black eyes with red irises stare back at us.  And just by looking at those eyes, I knew this was not going to end well for Ken and I.

You will never go back to your house. You officially live here now. You will listen to everything that we do. Fail to do so, we will kill you. Understand?

We didn't speak. The person standing in front of us smiles.

Good.Now let me give you a humble greeting. Welcome to your new home.