Chapter 8

~Gon's POV~

We made it to the hospital and got (Y/n) into a room.

She looked so fragile and helpless.

The doctor said that it might take a long time for her to wake up.

I stayed in the room with her the entire night and cried.

The tears wouldn't stop flowing. It soon became morning and I was still crying.

I didn't eat or sleep properly.

~Killua's POV~

Gon has been in that room for at least a week now. He hasn't been eating or sleeping.

Armin looked like he was in the same state but I decided not to bother him.

I went into the room and tried to console Gon.

"Gon" I said but he didn't say nor do anything "You need to be strong"

"I-I can't" he replied.

"So you're just giving up? I know this is tough on you and I'm sorry but you need to stay strong for (Y/n)'s sake. This is what she would want"

"..."

"..."

"...I-I'm going out"

"You need to ea-"

I heard the door slam shut.

"I hope he doesn't do anything reckless"

~Gon's POV~

"My chest hurts. It's been like this for days but now it's even worse... I really want (Y/n) to get better but I can't help but feel that this is all my fault, for not protecting her"

I walked in the streets at night and sat down, collecting my thoughts.

I then heard a small whimper. I turned to the sound and I saw a stray cat. It looked hungry but there wasn't anything I could do.

I walked off but then realised "No, I can't just leave it on its own... I have to help it. This is what (Y/n) would want, right?"

I walked back to the cat and crouched down. I held my hand out but it stepped back a bit. I stayed in that position until the cat came near me.

I hesitantly stroked the cat and saw how thin it was.

I picked it up and brought it to a vet where they said that they would take care of it.

"Yes... I will stay strong for (Y/n), just like Killua said..."

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"Huh? Where am I? It seems as if I can't move or speak"

"(Y/n)"

"Killua?"

"You probably can't hear me but I'll speak to you anyway... Listen... Gon is really sad and he really wants you to wake up... He's been in here for days, crying"

"G-Gon?... No... That's not true, is it?"

I felt a tear fall down my cheek as I heard Killua gasp.

~Killua's POV~

"Did I just see that? I have to tell Gon!"