Chapter 11

Charity's Pov~

When we got to our house, it felt weird saying our, I decided I would make him lunch because I haven't gotten to cook in a really long time and I absolutely love it.

"I'm gonna cook for you Max." I stated firmly as Max sat down on the couch in the living room.

"No... we have other people to do that for us. Come sit with me." He pleaded.

"Max, I want to cook." I said folding my arms and pleaded with my eyes.

"Fine. Just don't ever use your doe eyes against me ever again." He chuckled.

"I can't promise that." I laughed as I got to start making tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. When I was done I placed everything down on the table in the kitchen.

"Max it's ready!" I called out.

"Coming mother!" He said joking.

"You better be joking buster." I said giving him a look.

"Don't worry I don't see you as my mom at all. You're nothing like her." He said simply sitting down.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked worried.

"No it's a good thing. I loved my mom and all, but she was really harsh and pushy, well she was a typical wolf mom who wants to make sure you grow up to be strong and ruthless." He stated as we started eating.

"My mom was the same way, she hated me though. I could never please her. I was too nice." I said picking at my sandwich. I was suddenly not hungry anymore.

*flashback*

I was 8 and at the time everyone still called me my real name, Scarlet.

This was when people started to treat me differently. They thought I was too kind and gentle and the other kids never wanted to play with me because their parents said stay away cause I wasn't considered normal.

"Scarlet!" My mother called me from downstairs.

I walked downstairs obediently and when I got there she looked angry. As a eight year old I knew I was getting in trouble and for what? I didn't know. That's a question I had asked myself lately. What did I do wrong?

"Scarlet, other parents are teaching their kids to be ruthless, as am I but with your sister it wasn't so hard. But with you, you act lower than omega! You act like a stupid charity case! But the difference is you are the one giving the charity! Ha. Maybe that should be your name." She smirked evilly. "Charity." She cackled. "Oh with that name everyone will know to stay away!" She laughed again.

"Okay Charity," she seethed, "go clean your room and stay in there for the rest of the night. You think you can do that?" She smirked wickedly.

All I did was nod.

"Good girl. Well that's what I don't like! Why can't you be a bad girl! I'd rather a demon than an angel! Get out of my sight! I hate you!" She yelled.

I ran up the stairs with silent tears running down my face. I knew my mom was disappointed by me and was disgusted by me, but I never thought she could actually hate me.

For an 8 year old that was emotionally scarring. How sadly ironic... my old name given to me by my mother... was Scarlet.

*end of flashback*

"Charity? You hoo?" I then saw a hand wave in front of my face.

"Oh um sorry." I stated looking down.

"Are you okay? You spaced out for a long time and you've hardly touched your food." Max said concerned reaching over to feel my head.

"I'm okay just... tired." I stammered.

"Okay I'll get you to bed for a nap. It's already 1:30pm. I'll wake you if you want?" He questioned as he lifted me up bridal style unexpectedly.

"Really? You don't hey to carry me." I giggle half heartedly. "And no you don't have to wake me unless you miss me." I winked.

"Okay five minute nap yeah?" He joked.

Max has really gotten out of his shell since... yesterday. Yeah yesterday! It's only been a day and a half!

"Okay." I played along.

Soon he laid me on the bed.

"Do you want to stay?" I asked shyly.

"Of course." He said pecking me on the cheek. Causing me to blush.

He laid down and pulled me to his chest and in five minutes I heard him fall asleep. Looks like he needed a nap too. I then fell asleep and soon drifted into a nightmare.