chapter 2 ...what are pop tarts?

Jack and Nick walk into the building. Jack can't help but to look a little dumbfounded. All his life he's grownup in a small town, living in a small house.

To be honest, he wasn't to sure how he was going to handle big city crime. He may have been able to manage the whole country side on his own, but then small towns equal small villains. Right?

He sighed. He was way out of his league. He shouldn't have left home. He's so going to embarrass himself, or get himself killed. Nick being the observant bastard he is put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Jack. Don't worrie. If I didn't think you could hold your own, I wouldn't have asked you here." he says as if reading jacks mind. Jack smiles weekly

"I don't know Fury. It ju-" Nick cut him off
"How many times do I have to tell you call me Nick. And stop doubting yourself. Honesty will you ever change?" I just pouted at him and he chuckled.

Suddenly someone cleared their throat right behind us. I may have let out a vary manly yelp. And vary bravely hid be hind Fury.

I heard two chuckles. One from my human shield and the other from a decent height man. He had dark brown hair and a nice goatee. He wasn't overly muscular but you could tell he was well sculpted. He had the perfect shade of dark brown eyes. Conclusion? He's handsome.

"Did I scare ya?" he asked still chuckling. I just stared at him. He started to sweat under my gaze, maybe I was making him nervous? "Umm...I'm Tony. Tony Stark." he held out his hand to me.

I knew he wanted me to shake it, I'm not that socially inapt. I just didn't want to. I didn't know him. Why would I do something like physical contact with a person I just meant?

"He's not really a people's person. Let him come to you. Gather up the team and well get introductions out of the way and I'll leave him in your care." Stark retracted his hand to his side and nodded.
"Of course."

Fury had me wait in the kitchen until he called me in. He introduced me to everyone. But I didn't really pay much attention...until he was leaving of course.

He turned to leave but I grabbed his jacket sleeve and wined. He stopped to look at me. A soft smile on his lips as usual.

"You'll be fine jack. Trust me. Call if you need anything and I'll be there in no time..but sadly i have work so I need to go. Ok?" I knew he wouldn't leave until he got my approval. He'd stay if he had to.

But I didn't want to be selfish. So I nodded and let go of his sleeve. Fury ruffled my hair and I growled in protest as he chuckled. And with that he was gone.

"Holy crap. Was that really the director Fury showing affection to someone?" Stark? Said. They all stared at me dumbfounded. I try to shrink in on myself to disappear. Sadly it doesn't work and it's just a awkward silence.

I know it's just me making it that way, but I really just don't like new people. A big guy. I mean BIG. Like not just compared to me, compared to everyone he is. And he has a hammer that's practically bigger than me that he lifts like it's an umbrella. Bit I have to say he had nice golden blond hair. Well he clearly didn't like the silence.

He walked up to me slowly and lightly, as you would to a frightened kitten and bent so he was at eye level with me.
"I am thor. I am a god from asgard."  he whispered softly. You could tell he was the yelling type. He was just trying really hard not to scare me. It was cute and funny.

I started to genuinely giggle. Thor seemed to smile more at that. I didn't think someone could smile so big. He turned to the others a yelled

"I think he likes me!" then instantly turned and looked worried at me. Clearly afraid he had scared me. This made my giggles turn to full on laughing. I could see everyone smiling at me. I guess they like me? Maybe?

"Let use celebrate our new member with pop tarts!" Thor cheered. I looked at him confused.

"....what are...pop farts?" i asked. I tilted my head in confusion. I like pop. But pop farts? I scrunch up my nose. The man I think is Clint? Was laughing so hared I was worried he might pull something. And the red head Natasha was glaring and smacking him on his arm.

I have a feeling.it's going to take time for me to fit in here....if i ever do that is.