prologue

The one thing you have to know about the paparazzi is simple. It’s all about the money. It’s all about getting that one shot. That one shot of the celebrity whom everyone wants to see.

But the thing is you don’t care about what they wear at the premieres, you care about what they wear in the park with their kids, or shopping groceries - when they don’t have to think about their image. You want to see them in their everyday situations so you can be reminded that they are just as normal as you are.

It’s that one right snap at the exact right time that can earn the photographer an absolute fortune.

Did you know the first pap shot of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie together as a couple on that African beach was sold for more than 500.000 dollars? Yeah, it’s no wonder we’ll go far to get a shot like that. You know even back in 1988 when that hot shot kid from the ‘Back to the Future’ movies was getting married - they held the wedding on this llama farm out in the open which stretched for miles so they could see if any paps were getting close, right? Well guess what - the paparazzi dressed up like a fucking llama and blended in with the herd to get close. And he even got it! He got the bloody shot. I bet that photo earned him the big bucks.

So you see - all that really matters in this business is the money. So you’re welcome to come with all your judgemental crap about it being close to assault, stalking, criminal activity - but if it’s what you have to do to pay your monthly bills and feed your family - wouldn’t you do the same?

Most of us are freelancers. So am I. When Fred called me up saying; “Hey Styles - I've got a major job opportunity for you - what do you say?” I didn’t even stop to think it over one second. Hell, I was grateful for just about whatever I could get! After my studio in Miami hadn’t really worked out - I needed the money. Badly. I moved to New York, because that’s where the real big stars live these days. Fred had let me start off in Hollywood, but it turned out I had a rare talent. I had learned from the best and went off to get myself a place in Brooklyn, so I could start working with the big shots in the Apple, the never sleeping city.

Always on the hunt for that one right shot.

It was there I first saw her with my own eyes. One late cold night, where the neon commercial lights had been dimmed by the thick low hanging fog - as she’d exited a back entrance of the restaurant ‘The View’ at Times Square. I remember it more clearly than anything - Naomi Fay. Yeah, the moivestar everyone's talking about these days.

Naomi Fay was the one I had been positioned to follow from then on. Try to get that one right shot.

And so I did; though the road was twisted and sick, led me to Paris but somehow also remained strangely unforgettable

a/n:

wohooo start gun fired! This is gonna be one of those stories I'll try to update daily - so I hope you'll enjoy x in the sidebar - pap harry *swooning*