5

[naomi’s pov]

“Yeah - yeah I’ll join you in a couple of days.” My manager spoke on the other end of the phone, as I passed back and forth in the suit over the red soft carpet.

“And when was the meeting with the director - will you be here in time for that or? Otherwise I can easily do it on my own, if you need some more time in LA,” I was exhausted after the long flight, but I hadn’t gotten the chance to speak with my manager - Louis - till now, as he had been on a plane to LA. I walked over to the tall windows where heavy wine red curtains were hanging. Carefully I reached out and pulled the light inner curtain, which was partly see through to the side and looked out over the view. It was getting darker.

“I’ll try to make it in time - that would be best. Let me see... today it’s Friday and the meeting is Monday afternoon at Jules Verne - you know that 2nd floor restaurant,” I cut in before he could end his sentence, “in the Eiffel Tower - yeah I know. He got style, uh?”

I could hear Louis laugh on the other end as my eyes travelled over the street, “sure do. But isn’t that a thing all you Frenchmen got?”

I giggled, as I watched the sky, which had the most remarkable colors at the moment; pink, rosa, dark purple. It was breathtaking - though pink had never really been my favorite color, at all actually, the combination of the red shades right now was outstanding.

“Well enjoy Paris till then love - you deserve it. Was there any paps at the airport?” My eyes travelled to street level again, as Louis’ voice turned worried. The hotel had a café and restaurant, which meant several tables had been lined up along the hotel building in the street. I could faintly hear laughter and chatting even up here on the fourth floor. Mostly in French, I smiled slightly.

“No actually not a single one! But they’ll come.. I know. Until then I better enjoy it right?” I was starting to get terribly hungry, as I kept watching the lively street. The beautiful street lamps was starting to take over the illuminating effect the sky had had all day. Instead the yellow warm light from the old fashioned Parisian lamps, bathed the cobblestones in a beautiful authentic light.

Very unlike the fluorescent light, which was mostly used in the US.

I could hear Louis laugh on the other end and he told me a quick have fun before he hung up. I felt like I could finally breath as I watched the city view float from day to night, I felt home.

I knew the restaurant of this place was a rather fancy one - just like the rest of the old fashioned hotel, with its chandeliers and golden tangled curved door handles. I quickly located the suitcases, which my bodyguard and one of the hotel porters had brought up.

Though I was tired I wanted to match the amazing city around me, which had such style and beauty. It could never truly be matched of course - but I decided on a classic tight black dress and black high heels. I just couldn't get myself to wear jeans on my first night back in Paris.

After a quick shower, I slipped into the dress and let my hair flow freely down my partly exposed back. I took in my reflection from the mirror of my natural make up - something was still missing.