"We used to fight together"

Cas and Dean left the house, the harsh air biting there skin. Dean shivered as he got into his impala, cas following behind him.

"I'm sorry I brought your father into the argument, I know talking about such a subject with him makes you flustered" cas apologized, "nah cas, it's fine, me and my dad are really open about that kind of thing" Dean reassured patting cas's shoulder.

Dean started the car and drove out of the driveway. As they drove Dean put on the radio, a soft song came on, latch by Sam smith.

Dean was going to change the radio but cas stopped him, "I kinda like the song" cas said looking down.

"Okay, It's a nice song," Dean said focussing on the road. Cas hummed the song, softly.

As they drove dean had the biggest grin on his face hearing his angel sing like he was alone. Cas's voice carried through the song and bounced off the walls of the old car.

For the brief moment, cas imagined he was in heaven. Every word that he sang, every time he glanced at Dean, his body just felt warmer, his body just swelled with happiness.

Peace washed through the car, a feeling of safety and love hung in the air. When they arrived at the apartment Dean pretended to be on his phone to let the song end, just for cas.

When the song ended cas had a small smile he couldn't push off his face no matter how hard he tried. They went up the stairs and cas grabbed his keys and unlocked the door to the house, when they entered they saw Gabriel poking around.

"Finally Castiel, took you forever" he groaned. "I brought dean" cas said entering and shedding himself of his blazer.

"I see Castiel, I needed to chat with you" Gabriel said, "so, dean-o can just snack or something"

Dan sighed as he walked over to the fridge, "Bro, so what ever they said is untrue" Gabriel started. "I assume so, but why are you telling me this?" Cas asked.

"I need you to talk to the others for me, they won't listen since I quote unquote rebelled and can't come back" Gabriel groaned. "What did you do?" Cas asked.

"I did nothing, it's what they were gonna do to Dean" Gabriel argued, "what do you mean, what they were gonna do to Dean" cas said loudly, aggression lacing every word.

"They wanted to take away Dean, they think he is a bad influence" Gabriel sighed.

"I'm gonna talk to them" cas said furiously, "no Cassie, don't. That'll just piss off them off more than they already are. It's just an argument, really, it's nothing. I just thought I should warn you about it. They might try and pull you out of school to reason with you" Gabriel said.

"Gabriel, it's obviously not just an argument if you warned me about it, what's really going on" cas said softening his face, Gabriel hit the couched before huffing a forceful breath.

"The others, they want to have utmost authority with you. They hate the fact you listen to me first, honestly bro. I asked God to help out until we could stop fighting, so he sent you to earth. Right now Michael is winning, but somehow, an angel that supports luci told him and he's getting angrier by the second" Gabriel said.

Cas stood in shock, so much commotion because of him, cas's knees buckled and he leaned on the couch.

"Cas, it's not your fault, it's ours. Us and out stupid arrogance, I'd hate to ask. But could you help me sort it out, I hate us fighting, we used to fight together, not against each other" Gabriel said, pain evident in his voice.