BEFORE

❝ARE YOU SURE IT'S THIS WAY? BECAUSE THERE IS A KILLER ON THE LOOSE AND I WOULD MUCH RATHER NOT DIE TODAY BECAUSE YOU DIRECTED US IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.❞

❝DO YOU REALLY HAVE SUCH LITTLE FAITH IN ME TO BELIEVE THAT I WOULD LET YOU DIE IN MY HANDS?❞

SNEAK PEEK

      A pair of hands gripped his shoulders, and before Wheeler could react, they were pushing him into the ice cold water until he was completely submerged. Wheeler gripped the sides of the tub, trying to pull himself back up to grasp a breath of air. His mouth shut tight, not wanting any water to slip between his lips and him lose any remaining air in him. He squeezed his eyes shut next, the water causing them to burn the longer he kept them wide open in fear.

      He didn't know what to do. He was trapped. No one could come to save him. His lungs burned for more air and even though he knew he would get none, his body still took a breath. Cold water filled his lungs and blood pounded behind his eyes. 

      His lungs felt as if they were about to collapse inside his chest. A mangled scream escaped his lips, small bubbles rose up to the surface of the tub. His eyes slipped shut, allowing him to accept his fate. His fight was over.

      No one ever told him that it would hurt. Of course, he knew that there would be some sort of pain. Except, he wanted to know that it was true. That death is a transformation. That it is when our essence is freed from our bodies and we go to the next level of existence. In a physical sense, death isn't the end. Even our physical parts are recycled throughout the universe and reused for something else.

      Wheeler wanted that something else to be for Brooke. Even if it was in his next level of existence; buried six feet underground. The darkness engulfed him and he had nothing left in him to fight anymore. He gave into the darkness and let the water take him.

SOUNDTRACK
lowlife, that poppy / all time low, john bellion / this girl, kungs / calling me, aquilo / roman holiday, halsey / bring back the summer, rain man / hold on for your life (acoustic), sam tinnesz / slow hands, niall horan / one hundred sleepless nights, pierce the veil / ignorance, paramore / robbers, the 1975 / why'd you only call me when you're high?, arctic monkeys / bad romance, lady gaga / high by the beach, lana del rey / she looks so perfect, five seconds of summer

a bit of a sneak peek for what is in store for this, but beware bc there will be some sad parts. also, I have added a warning to the previous chapter so I would advise you to go back and read it so that you don't get all bent outta shape when certain things happen.