Chapter 1

Some things to take note of:

-There will be some violence. There is no longer smut in this story as of 12 July 2020 as I find it disrespectful to have written and posted such depictions.

-I have no idea what genre is this. Horror? Romance? Whatever.

-Author's notes within story will be bolded, italicised and presented in brackets.

-I might change the cover of the story but rn I honestly don't know what to put there. Do you like the current one?

-This story was inspired by a monster written by R.L. Stine

It's Halloween today. What costumes are you guys wearing? I'm dressed as a fangirl. By that, I mean I'm not wearing a costume. My country doesn't really celebrate Halloween. :( 

Happy reading!

.

.

.

Princesses and daughters of rich men twirled across the ballroom floor with their extravagant ball gowns sweeping along with them. Men of wealth and status led their wives in exuberant dances. Carriages pulled by horses brought more of the party guests to the palace. King Niall had invited everyone in the kingdom to the ball, along with hundreds of royals from neighbouring kingdoms. However, most of the common folk dared not to show face in the castle in their rags, especially during such a formal event. Resultantly, the party guests were made up of mostly the rich and royal. King Niall had doubled the servants for the night. He had ordered a big buffet table, full of delicacies from around the world.

Prince Louis stood in the corner of the ballroom in the outfit that the tailor had so carefully made for him. It was ironed such that there was not a single crease to be seen before Louis put it on. Louis' hair was styled neatly such that every strand fell perfectly into place. His eyes sparkled with excitement and nervousness as he surveyed the people at the party.

It was for Louis that King Niall organised the dance. Louis was King Niall's only son. King Niall is very eager for the heir to his throne to walk down the aisle. He thought that it was a splendid idea to throw a party for Louis to meet some new people instead of being cooped up in his room all day doing- God knows what!

Louis glanced over the faces of every man and maiden that walked in but not one caught his attention for longer than a couple of seconds. They were all decent-looking but nobody had anything special about them that would catch Louis' eye.

What did manage to spark an interest in Louis were the chocolate fountains at dessert table. There were three chocolate fountains, dark, milk and white, all about a metre in height, with delicious chocolate fondue cascading off each tier. Just looking at it made Louis' mouth water. He wiped the saliva off his face quickly before anyone caught him drooling. That would have been extremely awkward. Louis took a few strawberry kebabs and dipped it into the chocolate. He arranged them neatly on his plate before turning to find a place to devour them.

As Louis turned around, he slammed into someone. He did not even see them standing next to him before he collided into them. "Oops!" Louis blurted. His plate was glued on the other boy's jacket with chocolate. Louis' eyes widened in horror as he saw he had ruined someone else's outfit.

Louis pulled the plate off the boy and apologised profusely. "I am so sorry," He said as he got a few napkins to clean up the chocolate. The boy remained quiet and let the prince clean the food off him. The boy pressed his lips together. His eyes wandered around the room as people eyed the two. Whispers were heard from the party guests, who were not-so-silently judging them from not-so-far away.