Terrible Swimming | Part 3

I sit in my room by the window, waiting for the comforting breeze that would occasionally pass by. The calm environment along with the beautiful beach house scenery made me want to write a letter. I don't exactly know why, it was just a peaceful feeling.

I grabbed a pen and ripped out a piece of my notebook paper, thinking of what I could write on the lines. Nothing came to mind, so I thought I would go outside for a bit of inspiration. I got my coat, boots, and comfortable outfit on and stepped outdoors.
The boards from the boardwalk creaked beneath my shoes.

I looked at the sky, the moon was still out for some odd reason. Standing next to a lamppost, I grabbed my pen and began to write. The moon is still out. Did it not want to leave the comfort of its close friend, the sun? The moon can be so mysterious, yet silly sometimes. As I was about to start another sentence, a person put their hand on my shoulder. I shuddered at the sudden contact. Slightly turning my head, I saw that it was indeed Rei. Seeing the worst possible outcome who I thought it was, I quickly, and easily stumbled upon each of my words.

"H-hello. Why are ya-you here, did you want to see m-me?" My mouth managed to pry out.

"Uhm, I just saw you looking at the moon. Would you allow me to read what you are writing (y/n)?" He happily replied.

My mouth refused to say anything, it had reached its limits. I nodded, handing him the notebook nervously. What if he doesn't like literature? What if he finds it sappy or some shit? Mind racing to different places, I did not see the grin on his face and the intrigued look.

"Perhaps, we should find out. Would you care for doing some slight research with me?" The nerdy guy suggested.

Once again, I nodded. Well at least I know he's a complete nerd now. I thought to myself. He is a pretty hot one though...

Walking me to a nearby cafe, he pulled out a shiny silver laptop from his backpack. I always wondered what was in there. It looks really heavy. The computer was opened, and Rei began to type 60 words per 5 seconds. Taking a moment to wonder "what else" could those fingers do fast, I looked at the page he pulled up. It was a page about the moon and its routine. He pointed and read aloud the facts of why the moon was still out  in the morning. I had to admit, though it was pretty dorky, it is really cool. After a couple of moon jokes, he turned to me and fixed his glasses (for the 57th time today).

"So (y/n), would you like anything from the place since we are here?" he sarcastically spoke.

My mouth came out from hiding and replied back. "Sure, what do you want?".

"Uh *cough*, I was going to get whatever you got." Rei answered.

I gave him an awkward giggle, and told him I'll pay for it. He smiled and watched as I walked away. I thought he was going to tell me he'd pay for it,  but no.

"Most men would pay for their date's drinks out of tradition. I am not a traditional man, and you are a manly girl. So I thank you (y/n), for paying for both drinks." he grinned.

I was going to say something about the manliest girl remark, but I backtracked on his words and realized he said "date". As in, we are on a date, and I'm paying for his meal. I didn't know what to say at that point. I wanted to yell at him for making me confused, but I also wanted to hug him for making my day.