Chapter 34- Never Forgotten

Tyler's POV

*Two Years Later*

"Good-bye, son. Play hard at your next game, alright?", my father said to me as he and the rest of my family were about to head inside the airport.

"I always do. And thanks for coming to celebrate Thanksgiving with me. It means a lot," I replied.

"We had to. Your mother and I missed you so much." I gave him a hug before turning to my sisters.

"See you soon, Ty. And if you ever find a new girlfriend, I'd love to meet her," Cassidy said with a teasing smile, pulling me into a warm embrace.

"Oh god, don't even talk about it."

I'd sure miss my younger sisters, especially since I barely ever got to see them anymore. We had such a close bond. Growing up back in Ontario, the three of us would always do everything together. Except for shower of course. God, that'd be awkward. I hugged my mother and Candace then watched as they all left before heading back to my car.

Tonight, the boys and I were heading out to celebrate Nick's birthday. I had made reservations at an exclusive nightclub earlier for everyone that was coming, but first, we'd go see the Patriots play over in Foxborough. It'd be a great way for us college buds to get together. I hadn't seen them in a while, too.

As I was driving home, my mind suddenly drifted to the one person I've tried so hard to forget. It had been over two years since I last saw Christine Miller. And honest-to-god, not having her around made those two years the longest, most miserable years of my life.

The NHL season kept me preoccupied, (our team hadn't made it to the Stanley Cup Final ever since the summer we defeated Pittsburgh, by the way) but on days where I had nothing going on, that's when I began to really miss her.

Now that the holidays were coming up, I'd think about Christine even more. Christmas had a whole new meaning when I spent it with her. I had realized then that she was all I'd ever want in my life. Not money, cars, or even a reputation as an elite athlete. Those things could never mean as much to me as she did.

If there was a way for me to go back to that one night in June two years ago, I would. And this time, I'd tell Christine how much I loved her instead of acting like a total dick. But it was too late. I had ruined my chances of ever getting to be with her again.

Sometimes, I wondered if she had found a different guy. I mean, who wouldn't want to date Christine? Well, she probably was with someone else now. Well whoever he happened to be, I envied him for getting to be the luckiest man alive.

That night, Nick and I drove over to the club after the Patriots' game had ended. Everyone else would meet us there, too. I shoved my hands deep into my jeans' pockets, shivering slightly at the cold breeze as we entered the door. Since when were Boston's temperatures this low in November?

"Finally, you guys are here. What took so long?", my friend, Justin, called once we got to the back of the club.

"Traffic," Nick yelled over the sound of the pounding bass.

I hadn't gone partying in a while and to be honest, I actually missed it. So tonight, I'd just worry about having a good time. I mean, a little fun never hurt anybody, right?

I took my jacket off then headed over to the bar to order some drinks. Everyone started off with a couple of beers and then the guys and I headed onto the dance floor.

As I grinded with some blonde chick, I noticed out of the corner of my eye a girl staring straight at me. She was sitting with a few of her friends and wore the tightest black dress I'd ever seen. Before I could go over to her and ask if she wanted to dance, Nick tapped me on the shoulder.