NEUROGEIST: EPILOGUE

Epigon City, Union of States

Y2013 Crush District 11:45pm

Neon lights, hypnotic tantranic festival musics, and sweet smells of various foods fill the open air. People fill the streets with utter gluttony of personal pleasures, excitement, and inquiring wonder capture the mood of the blue, green, yellow, and pink lights. They all go with blind amazement to this place of escaping refuge and celebrate their problems away. This place is the center heart of Epigon City's nightlife and it is called, The Crush District. Life seemingly only exists in the nighttime as to the district is closed and abandoned during the day. In the dead of night, hearts pump adrenaline into the nightlife as they party the night away as blindly as a mole in a heavily lighted room. Its a place of beauty, love, seduction, lust, sweet foods, tantric parties and taboo happenings......

Standing in the large balcony window of the Diamond Cove Canopy's Presidential Suite, one of the most exquisite hotels that overlook the Crush District, is the Mayor of London View sector of the Geta District. The lights from within shine bright past his body, silhouetting his figure as he so cleverly designed, while the floor stands 3/5ths of an inch higher in certain areas to give him sizeable appearance. The Magister of London View clears his throat nervously as he wipes a small bead of sweat from his forehead.

Mag. Prieley: " The basic principle of this new law that we want to pass is to help cultivate more positive institutions. "

"We have done everything that.....HE....wants, right?"

The Mayor gives a slight wave towards the shadowed corner in his room. A finely dressed cortisan came forth and brought a silver tray, carrying 2 glasses of champagne. He gestured towards the Magister, as to prompt her to give him champagne, then he slightly turns toward the Magister.

Mayor: "Do you understand how long the Castellini Family has been in political domination about this land?"

"Do you have ANY idea, how my father feels when he doesn't get exactly what he wants?"

Mag. Prieley: "Sir, with all do respect..... what else could he possibly need for us to do?"

Mayor: "He wants for you to get things in the district to level and break record lows!"

Mag. Prieley: " How will Turf War ever begin if these common thugs and dirtbag hoodlums supposed to begin a war with each other if they are all...."

Mayor: "...Locked away!"

"What happens to animals when you cage them Prieley?"

-Magistrate Prieley is the quintessential kiss-up. Being raised in a very wealthy family with political ties and relations, Theodore Prieley IV was bred to be a political sheep. Attending high score academic schools and prestigious collegiate academies, his only burden in life was not being able to understand poor people. Now he's faced with a conscience crippling task due to a deal being made with a devil.

--Downtown Seraphim Valley

Officer Cantois and Lt. Gladney sit in a squad rover in disbelief. Lt. Gladney set his Law Carrier, an up-armoured anti-terrorist mid weight vehicle, on guarded standby while he joined her in the normal vehicle. If The Epigon City Council has given another permit to the council of the Crush District to allow them to remain open. Despite thousands of petitions, millions of anti-crush rallies, and even a demonstration that turned outrageously violent; Henderson Cambridge has managed to overcome and win.

Cantois: "This pompous ass has won again!?"

Gladney : "You sure sound like a sailor Cannie..."

Cantois: "How in the blue hell does he keep winning?" "Im willing to bet my life that his case a few years back was padded clean.....he's criminally related!"

Gladney: "Criminally related?" "Is that even a terminology connection?"

Cantois: "Go to hell Klaytien!"

They both go back to sitting in silence and then bursts out laughing. They have been long time friends and Klaytien's cousin happened to be Animia Cantois' s bestfriend. As the two friends come to a conclusion of laughter, a call comes across the radio. It summons a full departmental response to violence in Central Crush District. Lt. Gladney quickly exits the car, running to his personalized Law Carrier. Fourteen squad cars zoomed past Cantois' s car before she could even pull out of the parking area. She could hear the streamline engine optimization, of Klaytien's truck, fire up and go from a heavy growl to a humming vizz. It raised about 4 inches and his lights began to spin. She sounded her sirens and warning horns before pulling out to block traffic as Lt. Klaytien Gladney's massive truck fell into cadence of roaring police cars and law enforcement engines. The Crush District was now their point of immediate interest as far as law enforcing. The citizens, along Median Highway Primary, all cover the windows with faces of curiosity. Sirens and lights bathe the tall marble buildings that caress Epigon City's London View District. Lt. Gladney's Vice Squad joined the fray of law enforcement as they stormed the area from 5 locations like a red and black beast decending upon the Crush District.

Officer Demnin: (signaling across the open channel) "This is 3Prc Heavens Canopy..." "Who is the commanding officer on scene!"

Capt. Amy Dillinger: "This is Commander Amy Dillinger of CD Primary arriving on scene...." " Perimeters are being set.....Eagles are present..."

2nd Lt. Daniel Souza: " Ferrier District Commander, requesting for instruction!?"

Capt. Dillinger: " Proceed to scene and go to amber level standby!"

- Captain Amy Dillinger is the commander of Crush District Primary, which is the headquarters for all of the Crush District Precincts. Raised within a prestigious law enforcement family and also a 5th generation law enforcer and decorated for meritorious service during her recruit days which happened to be the time of the 2nd District War. Now she is 2 ranks away from becoming Chief of Law Enforcement.

Officer Cantois, and the rest of the London View 2nd-5th precincts, arrived in the Crush District West End. Immediately in the North and East Ends, the Crush District became flooded with law enforcement. Epigon Federal Enforcement set up perimeter points and distributed the Districts' law enforcements in divisions of perimeter search and hunt teams while the main area was signaled as being off limits. The entire Central Crush District was locked down and unmarked up-armoured assault trucks entered under security detail, by Epigon Federal Enforcement vehicles, to proceed to The Rouge de Romantica Community Scraper. The original signal for all law enforcement in the vicinity was a response to violence but the operation order changed during the pursuit there and now it was a 'gag' ordered operation that fell under Federal Jurisdiction. The primary target is Sir James Corbin and secondary is one of the most notorious mercenaries throughout the Northern to Western hemisphere, Sundran Onyxx.
Lt. Gladney was all too familiar with Sundran Onyxx as he had gone toe to toe with "Cannibal of Cameroon". James Corbin had been on the I.B.I.A's list for a very long time and finally he surfaced to a possible arrest. As his mega charged engine roared across the city streets and towards the deep inner Crush District, all Klaytien could think about was ending the case and finally taking James Corbin to prison.
Lieutenant Klaytien Robèrt Gladney is one of the top operatives of the International Bureau of Internal Affairs. Professionally hes a hard nosed, very thorough, persistent, agressively trained bloodhound that rarely misses his mark yet has NEVER failed an operation. His attention to detail and direct approach into his career is almost perfectly balanced with his juggernaut drive and amplified sense of duty.