Between Two Black Lungs (Larry One-Shot)

Pairing: Harry Styles/Louis Tomlinson

Warnings: swearing, alcohol use

Words: 8,246

This is my new one shot, Between Two Black Lungs :) I hope you guys like it! It's based off of Looking For Alaska by John Green, one of my favorites. This is dedicated to LarryWriting because she's fab. Please vote, comment, and share ♥

August 25th was a Tuesday.

I sat on my porch with a cold glass of lemonade next to my sister. My mother and father were inside the house arguing about the situation.

The situation.

I was leaving tomorrow morning. I had decided to go the private boarding school that my dad had gone to when he was a kid. My mom was mad because she thought that my dad had talked me into it, but in reality, it was my idea.

I wanted to leave this town so badly. My life wasn't bad, per se, just not great. I wanted a great life, I wanted to make something of myself, I want to start over.

I had a few friends, but none that I would ever bother seeing outside of school. I wasn't good at any sports. My immediate family was fine, but they were all I had. The rest of the family lived scattered across the country.

"Louis?" My sister asked from next to me.

I shifted to face her. "Yeah?"

"I don't want you to go." She said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

My sister and I had never gotten along before. She was four years younger and since she was the baby of the family, we had never really found anything in common, with her always getting what she wanted and me dealing with what I got.

I sighed. "That's what you think now. But when a few weeks go by, you'll be glad that I'm gone and you're the only child until I come back."

She shook her head slowly and looked back down at her own glass of lemonade.

My family and I currently lived in Florida. We had our whole lives, my mom had been born and raised and my dad moved out here to go to college. My dad grew up in Alabama, where the boarding school was that I was attending.

The fighting finally seized and my mother walked out onto the porch, “Louis, honey, are you sure that you don’t want to invite some of your friends over before you leave tomorrow?” She asked with a forced smile.

I shrugged. I only had about five “school friends”, which were some random kids that didn’t exactly fit in, but I only sat with them for social necessity. I would have rather been known as a nerd than a loner. I had tried to explain all of this to my mom before, but she had herself convinced that I was secretly the most popular kid in school and that I had plenty of really good friends.

“No, mom, I’m fine, really.” I said, not looking up at her.

She smoothed down her skirt and went back into the house. My sister was an expert small talker, so she started rattling away about all of her friends. I zoned out temporarily and looked down at my drink because 1. I didn’t know any of her friends and 2. I didn’t care.

I sighed and got up from my chair, retreating back into the house, leaving my sister alone on the porch. As I walked through the living room, I could feel both my mom and dad staring at the side of my head, like they were expecting me to burst into tears about how I didn’t want to go anymore or about how I didn’t have friends or something.