Chapter 25

"And your sure you'll be alright?"
"Oh yes Undyne."
"Don't you wanna.....sleepover or something?" As tempting as the offer was, the dinosaur wanted to see her boy. 'He should be home by now. Its getting late.' Alphys gave her a reassuring smile as she started to walk off. "Next time for sure." The fish raised and eyebrow with a smug look on her face. "Ahh. Are you going to see that metal head of yours? Tell him that there's a good beating in store for him when we see each other again." She cracked her knuckles and bit the air with her sharp teeth. She hadn't forgotten what he had said about her over the phone. "U-um. I d-don't think that th-that will be necessary. See ya l-later Undyne!" The small woman waved her goodbye and made her way towards home. The warrior chuckled to herself and shook her head, closing the door. Alphys crawled through the echo flower fields, past the dump where a sharp pain ran along her spine, from the scene of the castle, to the entrance of Hotland and past the two guards and finally to home. The dinosaur sighed in relief at being in the comfort of her own house again. The heavy metal door closed behind her as she scurried over to her bedroom where she changed into her night clothes. So far she hadn't seen any sign of her creation being around. The lights had been shut off when she stepped in. "I guess since he's not here I'll just catch up on some mew mew kissy cutie to pass the time." Her tail wagged excitedly as the tape was pushed inside the DVR. 'Why people throw away such good quality is beyond me.' Sometimes the dump was helpful. Alphys crawled in a circle on her bed and curled in a ball, holding her tail to her chest as she watched her favorite anime. The suspense of it was killing her. She got so into it that when the main character was lead into an embarrassing moment, then she felt obligated into doing the same. Her heartbeat quickened its pace as the tension increased. Out of habit, she started to bite her long claws and hugged her tail tighter. An action scene came on, making the scientist jump in her seat. "Ahhhh!!! This is so good!" She leaned back, squeezing a pillow to her face to hide her sweating and blushing. Pausing the show, she made her way downstairs to grab a snack. As she crawled down the stairs she heard a light bump and stopped in her tracks. She listened carefully and waited for the sound again. It scared her. It didn't help that Alphys was the only one here. Now and than you would hear a rock fall into the molten lava around her home but she was use to it and the bump was a very different sound from the usual splash that happened in the area. The rest of the lab was gloomy and dark, the only light was emitting from her tv back upstairs. 'I should have left the lights on. Wait! It might be Mettaton coming in. Oh please be my baby!' The dinosaur hurried over to the door and stopped near her desk. No one was there and she was sure that her creation wouldn't be walking through the dark. Her breathing got heavy as she turned and scurried towards her bedroom again, hiding under the covers as she flicked the light switch on next to her. The bump was louder this time along with the sound of someone's voice. 'I should have never left Undyne's! She would protect me! What do I do?!' Her body shook uncontrollably as she carefully and very slowly slipped under the bed. Her teeth clamped together and she squeezed her eyes tight. 'Please Please Please go away.' The blanket wrapped around her body, making her feel somewhat secure. But only a little. She waited for another sound. There were a few set of footsteps coming up the stairs. Someone was definitely here with her. More than one. Alphys instantly regretted turning on the light in her room. It was evidence that she was here. 'No no no no! Please God no!' The scientist felt her heart trying to leap out from her throat but she managed to swallow it back down. The footsteps stopped right at the foot of her bed and so she hesitantly opened her eyes to look. As she stared at the set of feet she realized how familiar they looked to her. But before she could process another thought, something grabbed her tail and yanked her from her hiding spot. "AH!! NO PLEASE! PLEASE LET ME GO!!! SPARE ME!" Alphys scrambled around as tears streaked down her face. There were so many things that she hadn't accomplished yet! Cold arms wrapped themselves around her body and squeezed her tight. Something soft kissed her cheek. "Open your eyes darling." That voice. She knew that voice. Her heart fluttered as she did as told. "Mettaton!!" The dinosaur hugged him and rested her head on his shoulder. "I knew I saw your pink boots! But....but I saw something else too....." A tall skeleton appeared in her view. "Hello Alphys! Gosh you look scared. Was that our doing?" He frowned and placed a boney hand on her arm. "Oh God what a relief! I-I was terrified! Wh-wh-where were you?" She held her robot's face. "Uh....Papyrus was walking me home and we decided to stay for a bit. I was showing him a tour of my fabulous room! I didn't want to waste the electricity so I turned the lights off since we were in there anyway. I heard you upstairs and decided to come see you. Paps wanted to see you too." He pointed to the happy monster who waved with a wide smile. "Sure did! How's Undyne?" Alphys felt safe in her son's arms as he held her to his chest like a child. His hand holding the back of her thighs as the other was placed on her back. She wagged her tail and snuggled closer. She almost had a heart attack. She needed the comfort. The scientist nodded her head at Papyrus' words. "She's fine. No need t-to worry. I'm just glad your both safe." Mettaton kissed the top of his mother's head, wiped her tears away and rocked her gently. "Its okay Mom. You can breathe now." The star turned to the skeleton. "I have something to give you before you go." He reached behind him and took one of his posters off the wall. It was of his newest body since Papyrus had the one with him as a box already. This one wasn't even out yet. It wouldn't be out for another week or so. As he told him this, the skeleton's eye sockets went wide along with his amazing smile. "Thank you for today. I really enjoyed it dearie. You are very kind and sweet. Not to mention so handsome. Come here." The celebrity kissed Papyrus' smile one last time, squishing the small woman between them as they leaned in close to one another. He blushed as the robot smooched him again, tighting his grasp on the gift he was given. As they pulled apart, he could barely stand. "W-wowie! M-Mettaton.....you are truly an angel." He swayed back and forth with a dumbfounded look. The star chuckled and rubbed his exposed boney arm. "I think you're the angel darling. See you when we have our second date." He winked as Papyrus almost fell down the stairs trying to make it to the door. "S-second date?! Y-yes!! I will see you then! The Great Papyrus will make sure of it!!" The skeleton waved goodbye and held the picture close to his chest. He walked through Hotland and with curiosity, opened the poster. It was of course Mettaton with his hands on his hips, a wink and his tongue sticking out along with his fabulous leg up. A spotlight shone bright with an audience in the background. His pink eye sparkled, making Papyrus lick the drool coming from the corner of his mouth. He swallowed and almost walked right into a wall. The two guards stared at him funny. Well at least that's what he thought they were doing. He wasn't really sure as they both had heavy armor on. But it didn't bother him anyway as he waved happily and went home. 'This day was absolutely perfect!!!'

(A/N: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! My absolute favorite holiday! I'm gonna be a cheese burger! Lol. How about you guys?!)