Chapter 43

Undyne looked over at her new robot son and wrapped one of her arms around his as shoulder. Papyrus and Alphys were sound asleep, the tv was playing late-night commercials and Napstablook and Shyren were done with the show. Mettaton thought it was astounding, he even clapped at the end of it being over. He grumbled under his breath as the fish touched him. They were the only two up at the moment and it annoyed him to no end. "So Metta, let's get things straight alright?" The star sneered and rolled his eye. "I'll fight you if I have to you know." He said. The warrior held a straight face but soon bursted into laughter. He didn't understand what was so funny. "You really surprised with that. But there's no need. All I wanted to say to you was that I do love you ya punk. You, Alphys and Papyrus. We're a family." Mettaton stared at the warrior for a long, long, long time. Did she really say those words to him? Was she serious? He'd never thought that she would ever say that to him of all monsters. Undyne huffed and awkwardly looked around the house. Looking anywhere but at him at the moment. "What? Surprised or something?" She asked with a dark red blush gracing her blue face. It wasn't easy getting that out. The robot nodded slowly. "Well don't be ya punk! I'm not evil or anything. Just tough! There's a difference." She cracked her knuckles and showed him her sharp yellow teeth. It made him shiver like always and lean away from her. "Uhhhh......this is the part where you gush all about and thank me." She said while scratching the back of her head nervously. "S-sorry I just....." Undyne sighed. "Yeah. I get it. I had to tell you that though because if I didn't do it soon I'd say it in front of these two." She motioned to their lovers. "Although I'm pretty sure Alphys has an idea. And since we'll be around each other a lot now I think its appropriate for me to officially adopt you as my own. So that I can beat the snot out of you if ever misbehave! And give you a curfew! And tell you what to do all the time! And yell at you 24/7! And..." Mettaton pressed his hand to her mouth to make her stop. Wasn't it torture enough that he would have to be around her more? He didn't want this! He already had a mom that was calm, smart and loving. "Please just stop! Don't even go there." Undyne licked his palm until he snatched it back, wiping her disgusting spit back on her shirt. The fish pulled him close again. "Guess what?!" How did Papyrus and Alphys not wake up from her loud noise? Heck, how did the monsters of Snowdin not wake up? "What is it now?" He asked. "We're bonding! How great is this?! One step closer to a loving relationship! Fuhuhuhu!!!" Oh. My. God. This is really happening. Nu uh this can't be! Oh but it is! No. No. No NO! Mettaton stole a glance at her face. Seeing her there made him shake uncontrollably and fall on the floor face first. Undyne stopped her laughing and stared at the robot at her feet. "Metta?" She tapped him gently with her foot. "Metta? Oh shit......did you faint?" And indeed he did. The warrior started chuckling again and put her legs up in his spot. "What a loving family we are." Alphys snuggled closer into her side. "Mmm hmmm." She said in her sleep, like she heard everything between the two of them. Undyne closed her eyes. "Sooo loving. Night Mettaton!" She opened one eyelid and peeked at the star that lay in an awkward angle. "Oh....right....he's out like a bulb. Oh well! Fuhuhuhuhu!!!"