4: Call Me A Pessimist

Chapter 4

Call Me A Pessimist

It was Friday, the day before the Grand Ball. It was also, fortunately, a national holiday.

But unfortunately, I was freaking out big time.

Sara was still asleep. Charlie was still at his grandma's. Cale had an appointment with his uncle. Fortunately, Metta had another meeting and Marie's gone shopping with her BFFs.

... Oh!

I quickly typed Tara's number in my phone and called her.

After several rings, Tara picked up. "Sandra," she groaned, sleep still evident in her voice. "It's seven in the morning and it's a holiday. Why the heck are you calling?"

"Sorry, Tara. I'm just nervous for tomorrow. Can you come here, in my house? We could just... hang out?" I said.

"Sure, sure. You're lucky you're my friend. If you weren't, I will find you and I will kick your butt," Tara said. I chuckled, rolling my eyes. "Just text me your address. Bye."

The moment she hung up, I quickly typed in my home address.

Tara immediately replied.

From: Tamara Danwell

I'll be there in fifteen. I'm excited to see your kick-butt mansion. :P

Laughing, I hurried to change my clothes, tied my hair up messily and prepared some snacks. Since Metta and Marie were not here, I decided to watch with Tara in the movie room. Yep, we had a movie room, the one that looked like a mini-cinema house.

I took some pillows upstairs and saw Sara going out of her room looking refreshed,  on my way back down.

"Hey, wanna join me and Tara?" I asked.

"Sure, princess!" she beamed and helped me with the pillows.

We placed them on the couches in the movie room and crashed down on them.

Sara leaned on her chair and rested her head on her arm. "So, what're we gonna-"

"Hey, hey, Marvous and Marvous!" a new voice spoke up.

Tara jumped and crashed on the couch beside me and stuffed her head in a pillow. "I'm still mad at you, but your house is awesome, so I forgive you," she said, her voice muffled.

I stared at her. "Uh, how did you get in and how did you know where the movie room is?" I inquired.

She looked up and smiled slyly. "I know Freddy and Roger, you know, your guards. They're my cousin's friends, so they know that I'm not here to rob your mansion. And that nice lady, Lola, told me that you two were here and told me the directions."

"Hello, Sandra and Sara!"

I jumped in my seat, surprised and saw Lola smiling at us.

"Would you like some cookies?" she asked.

"Sure, Lola!" Sara said and I nodded eagerly. Lola's chocolate chip cookies were the best!

After Lola left, Tara clapped her hands together and grinned. "Do you guys have the movie Click?" she asked.

"What, Adam Sandler?" Sara raised an eyebrow.

"Yup," Tara said.

"Of course! I've never watched it, so I guess we'll watch that," I said.

"Great! I haven't watched that too!" Tara grinned.

I stood up and searched for the DVD. When I found it, I popped it in the DVD player and grabbed the remote. "Sara's watched it for like, five times already and she's cried each time," I said in amusement.

Call Me Klutzy SandraOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara