Touch of your lips

A bright haired women in black dress walked into the Club, a dusky, dingy, dank little nightclub off the beaten path. The head was illuminating in the darkness of night, the cool looking lights around the words 'Black Diamond' gave off a aura of mystery about the club.

On her way to inside of the club, she showed the guards her ID card for security purposes and walked past the taller male while ignoring the apprehensive look he was giving her.

"Is she really 23 as she claims to be?" She heard him mutter to the someone but she ignored it with a shake of head.

From around the corner, the women could hear the somnolent buzz of the jazz music out in the front, providing a backdrop for the clinking of glasses and drone-out chatter of hundred best friends and one-night strand artists.

As she entered the joint, the intermingled smells of smoke and sweat of too many people instantly assaulted her nostrils when she inhaled deeply.

'Hmm...this homey feeling, how I missed it' She thought and pushed her body through the pulsating horde.

Finally finding her way to an empty barstool in the corner, she motioned to the handsome bartender.

"I'd like a cocktail...um...gin and tonic?" She tells him with a dubious smile. He nodded curtly and melted away to lend a ear to the cries of other thirsty patrons.

By now, her aurous eyes were adjusting to the imminent darkness, tomblike but at the same time not quite. Brightness of neon beer signs on the wall stood out, illuminating the faces, cleavage and mohawks of the crowd, while others disappeared into the contrasting blackness.

How many of these people had she met before? 'Not many, but few' She anchored her attention on the petite, child-like female who was dancing across the room like a princess. Her amber colored hair looking silver in the dim room, was styled in pigtails. 'Yuiki Yaya, if I remember right?' She has talked to the younger girl once and she was being a very interesting company to say at least.

"Here you go, Miss Amu" A voice said, and her gin and tonic slid in to her side, but the bartender was gone before she could even look up to mouth the words 'Thanks'.

"As if it matters..." The women, Amu, shrugged with a keen smile as it is clearly understood that one speaks of gratitude with money, not words. Everyone's your best friend when you're soaring high, it is only step away from being called a universal truth.

She took her first sip of the simple mixture, feeling cold and icy, slightly sweet and tangy against her lips. She held the drink in her mouth for just a moment and let the ice, gin and slip of lime pulp wallow against her tongue, and she felt like a man in solitary kissing his first woman in ten years.

She fluttered her eyes close and savored the taste of her favorite drink. She heaved a sigh of satisfaction after she gulped down a few mouthfuls.

"Gin and tonic..." A rich, raspy voice said, reaching her ears. Lashes swept up and she blinked. Her gaze flickered to her side and she could have sworn that she felt her heart picking the pace.

Tousled mahogany hair that fell over the eyes that rivaled the beauty of the stone emerald, and the gaze that they behold left her spellbound. The world fell away, drained of all color but him, standing in the sunlight...or in the drawing allure of darkness.

By now her 'favorite' drink was long forgotten and she was unheeding in eying him in the most demure way she could pull. Then his gaze dipped to meet her dazed looking ones.

"What?" He sounded so snappish and loud that it managed to bring Amu back to face reality. His glare traveled to her with unnerving thoroughness that it silenced the rose haired women.