My job as Teacher

'Time flies fast' Amu thought solemnly. Her gold eyes following Ikuto who chatted away with the driver about how he wanted to reach the airport before 7:00 am. Driver only nodded to the taller male and assured him, brushing his worries away.

It was Monday, but it felt like it was just yesterday when Amu and Ikuto discussed about the trip and everything else that was growing worse in their relationship. It made her feel horrible to recall back the last time when Ikuto left due to his work. Insecurity was eating her away and it never helped her the way her neighbors eyed her. Now the situation was much better, not only she'd be able to avoid the stares from them but she would get away from feeling lonely.

'Seiyo Academy'. She ought to make a good impression among the students and her colleagues. Amu was never good— or can say, Horrible— with introductions and first impressions so her resolution was close to impossible.

But it wasn't like she wouldn't be missing her husband, she has always yearned for every bit of his touch, attention and company, so 'missing him' would only be a understatement. Her eyes warmed at the thought, liquid pools of longing and grief ready to trail down her burning cheeks.

"I-It is...I can't...oh god" Amu turned away from the scene and brushed away her heavy tears, violently. Amu was angry at herself, Ikuto and especially at this friend who offered him the proposal of working abroad. It was all a ruin now, she would again be living alone and assaulted by stares of her I'll minded neighbours.

"Oh, Amu... I told you that I'd be back in few months didn't I? It will be alright...I will be home soon...don't cry" Ikuto clasped her in his arms, rubbing his hand on her back to sooth her cries. Sympathy, anger and guilt flooded his heart when she continued to cry and refused to hug him back. He loved Amu and he really meant his words so as to why she was acting unreasonable, it was beyond him. But argument was never a solution to a problem, so he was determined to not lose his cool.

"B-But I-I don't w-want...b-be alone a-again..." Her reply was muffled and quiet that he almost missed what she said. But he didn't. His sapphire eyes darkened in emotion and he hugged her tighter, almost crushing her in his hold. He was really being a jerk with her, it was a horrible realization to him. He could understand how it was hard for her, to live by herself and around strangers when she entrusted her life to him, leaving her family behind only to be with him.

Amu was born in a traditional family, something which required her to follow her family customs like a complete fool. When she and Ikuto first met, it took them a while to stand each other, a relationship which didn't take long to bloom into something more romantic. When Ikuto proposed her, which was at the graduation, she had instantly accepted his proposal. However they weren't very lucky in persuading her family to accept their relationship. When she become firm in her decision to marry Ikuto, her parents disowned her. It was tragic to her, but he helped her in getting over the grief and married her by the end of the year of their graduation. She had been 18 then, while he was 20.

His family, on another hand, had accepted Amu as one of them with opened arms.

"I know...its been not easy for you...heck, who am I kidding? Nothing could be worse than this but...believe me, I'll never hurt you just because...I only want you live the life that you deserve, when I'd return then it will be a definite happy ending for you," Ikuto leant close and kissed her forehead, then her cheeks, and finally closed the distance between them, trying to kiss away her worries and doubts. "Do you not believe me, Amu?"

She kissed him back when he whispered his worry. She believed him, a lot, but she had her doubts on whether it be last time that he'd be away from home. She knew that he'd return to her, one day, after 2 months, but she suspected that it wouldn't be last time.