Chapter Thirteen-- She Was Here But Now, She's Gone

DestinyWolf2568 thank you so much for the awesome title!!

Aspen's POV

Enoch carried me into the narrow hallway of the lighthouse. It was dimly lit, but I could still see him in front of me. He put me down, so that I was leaning against the wall.

My stomach hurt quite badly. My baggy grey shirt was now red, and it was spreading. Enoch was ripping a piece of the bottom of his shirt off, probably to make a bandage. I wasn't paying attention, though. I was too busy staring at the blue figure on the stairs.

My old friend Lindsey was standing there, a blue haze around her body. Lindsey was also one if the first wards in Miss Peregrine's loop, but she had died so soon that no body here now knew about her except Enoch and Emma.
Her peculiarity was to diagnose all health issues, such as diseases and wounds.

"Just missed your organs. The bullet is still there, though, so it will hurt very bad and scar. You should live that is of course, if you don't bleed out." She said, and disappeared.

"Oh my god Aspen, can you hear me!?" Enoch was waving his hand in my face. I realized that I was staring into space, so he probably thought I was dead. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "I'll be okay, I'm fine." I told him confidently.

"You don't know that." He said, tightening my makeshift bandage. He pulled it tighter and I winced. "Yes, I do. Lindsey told me."

He looked up at me, a sadness present in his eyes. "Is she alright?" He asked. I nodded.

He let out a sigh and hugged me. "I'm just glad that you're not gonna die." He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "Please, don't do anything dangerous or risky anymore. I would die if anything happened to you."

I looked him on the eyes and nodded, not realizing that we were both leaning in slowly.