Ch 4 {Flashbacks- Marissa and Serena}

Serina's family pulled up to their new home. She was still looking through the back window of the car at a Hara she could no longer see. Turning back towards the front of the car, Serena saw her new home. It wasn't little. It was huge. Nothing about this place was small. It had a huge yard, a large matching porch covered in flowers of every color, large wooden entryway doors, and three stories that were visible from the outside.

Slowly, Serena slid out of the car, dragging her small suitcase behind her. "Welcome to your new home, Serena." Her new mother said cheerily, and, with one hand gently guiding Serena by her back, she was led through the house. After reaching the top floor, they finally came across a large pink room. "And this is your room." Her new father said with a smile. "We hope you like it."

Slowly, Serena walked into the room and scanned everything. The large, netted pink bed with Barbie blankets. The equally large dresser that Serena didn't think she would ever fill. A box caught Serena's eye, and she went over to examine it. When she lifted the lid, inside lay every Barbie doll Serena could ever think of, and every accessory to go along with it! Reaching in to grab one, Serena wrapped her small hand around a Space Travel Barbie and held it to her chest tightly. She glanced around the room again and found a desk perfectly made to her size. It was long and white with a light pink top. It was already covered in coloring books and pictures. Everything Serena had at the orphanage. "This is so cool!" Serena exclaimed and started rifling through the pictures that she had drawn only a few weeks ago. She was about ready to scream in joy when she came across a picture of a little girl and a little boy. All her joy seemed to evaporate. "But..." she murmered, and her new parents came to her sides.

"What's the matter, Serena?" Her mother asked.

"I-..." she began as tears welled up in her eyes. "I miss Hara..." she murmered, then burst into tears.

~~~~~

A few weeks have passed and Serena got used to her large extravigant home. She had even started school. She was very popular, but that just made her shy. Everyone wanted to know all about her, but she was too shy to say.

It didn't take long for Serena to make new friends. She had one friend named Marissa who was the first to talk to her when she got there. Marissa was nice. She even threatened some boys who were picking on Serena.

The days flew by. Marissa and Serena were inseperable. If Marissa wasn't over at Serena's house, Serena was over at Marissa's. It was like this all the way up into high school. That's when things started to change. Serena and Marissa were maturing much faster than anyone thought. And after a short while, they began becomming interested in people. More specifically, eachother.

In middle school, Marissa and Serena had to go to those "talks" at school, and even got the talk twice from each of their parents. It was embarassing, but it helped them each understand something. They were definately not into anyone else.

Serena and Marissa, for a short while, dated. They went to the movies, and out to dinner. The real date thing. And they liked it. They even slowly developed a physical relationship. This didn't bother anyone because no one really noticed. Marissa and Serena never really changed how they acted towards eachother.

Until one day, a new kid arrived at their high school. Serena instantly thought she knew this guy. He looked so familiar. This wasn't okay with Marissa. Jealousy took hold of her, and she demanded that Serena stopped looking at anyone. Especially not a boy. THIS wasn't okay with Serena. She instantly ended the relationship.

That was when Marissa started bullying people. Especially the boy that made her Serena turn on her.