Chapter 5: Beautiful Monsters

A/N: Hey guys! What do you think so far? Are you enjoying it? Feel free to comment if you have any questions. Also I have been informed recently that some of you are having a hard time reading this? If so, let me know and we can figure something out :) clicky on the music, I love it with the scene of this chapter. Vote and share please! 7,715 words in total today! Woot woot!

"What's your name?" the announcer asked.

"Jay," the man said, stripping off his shirt to reveal an incredibly slender frame. Muscle clung to his bones with not an ounce of fat, veins peeking out, making him seem even more unnatural. It didn't help that his skin was almost white, his platinum hair washing him out, and blue eyes that seemed to glow.

Smoothly, he stepped up to Bryan. The other man – bulky and overly large – bared his teeth. He rolled his powerful shoulders. There didn't seem to be any doubt as to who would win. But instead of looking intimidated, Jay simply arched a blond brow. The announcer raised his fist into the air, "Next round...Jay versus Bryan! On the count of three – one...

"...two...

"....two and a half....

"....three!"

Jay launched forward, his fist slamming into Bryan's face. There was a sickening crunch and Bryan was sent flying backwards. He was caught by the crowd and thrown forward. Jay spun around and let Bryan run into his elbow, which knocked the latter to the ground.

"That Bryan dude has at least a hundred pounds or more on Jay," I protested. Watching as Jay straddled the defeated man and began to punch him ruthlessly.

"Bryan is a civilian wanting to have a little bit of fun, and let off a little steam. J was trained to fight and loves it. Loves killing. And he's also not a civilian," Echo said. I glanced at her. She looked at me out of the corner of her eye, the dim lighting making her all the more beautiful, "But he isn't the most skilled fighter."

Something Bryan said made Jay get up – fresh blood splattered across his chest and face, his fist covered in a thick, dripping coat of red. He smeared blood in his hair when he ran his fingers through the fine locks. Several men walked forward and dragged the groaning Bryan away as the announcer said, "And Jay is the champion of this round! Who is next?"

After the show that Jay had just performed, nobody wanted to step forward. This could be it for the night, I thought.

That was until Echo stepped forward and said, "I am."

Laughter broke out amongst the crowd, though Jay was the only one not smiling. His causal, smirking façade slipped off to reveal a nervous energy that was quickly tempered by anger. Echo looked right back at him. The announcer stuttered between chuckles, "Pretty lady, I don't think you know what you're getting into."

"My name is Scarlet," she stripped off her tank top to reveal a black sports bra underneath. I inhaled sharply when I saw a scar. It stretch from the center of her toned stomach, across her side, over her ribcage, to the center of her back. Four ragged, protruding lines that looked sickeningly like claw marks. Silence fell over the crowd, probably wondering the same thing I was. What the hell had given her such a scar? I glanced around, but Paiute had disappeared into the shadows.

She slithered through the crowd, pulling her long hair into a ponytail. She stopped just before Jay and smiled. He raised a hand in the air and said clearly, "Let her fight."

"Do you know what I mean by being as silent as a shadow, as quick as a cheetah, as strong as a bull, and as smart as a fox?" Thorn asked Echo.

She hesitated a moment before answering, rolling her newly tattooed shoulder. As the skin moved, it burned. "Be the opponent vorst enemy?"