Chapter 00

Earth Year: 2012

Morgan Year: 176

A fourteen year old girl was riding excitedly on her bike.

The handlebars were covered in reusable shopping bags. They looked too heavy for the bike they were on. They'd been tied to the handlebars. The plastic was screaming against the weight.

Darcy Anderson didn't care for a lot of things. She had to get these supplies back to base.

She pushed herself the rest of the way back. It wasn't much, but it was home.

Well home was a nice word for it. The building she was near was one for storage units. Darcy's home was inside it. Her sister owned one of the storage units outside. They liked it, it was hidden and a ten minute walk from her sister's house.

She chained her bicycle up near the front.

She untied the plastic bags from her bike. Darcy carried them as fast as she could to their storage unit. The bags weren't gonna last long.

Five minutes later, she'd found the correct unit. She was able to lift open the door with her foot.

The walls were covered in various types of blueprints and sticky notes of every color. There were movie posters hung upon various walls, with more papers around them. Some has pictures (mostly women or teenage girls) pinned up with them. Across the shed, there was a girl Darcy's age, hunched over a set-up metal table. There was a pink lamp over her head, shining down on the blueprint designs.

Beneath the table was a mini fridge and a basket. That was where they put the food.

"Got the stuff!" Darcy cheered, slamming the door shut. She carried in the five grocery bags.

"Did you go over budget?" Her sister asked. She didn't look up from her designs.

"I had a budget?" Darcy asked, confused.

"The hundred-" Her sister paused. With the air of frustration you usually heard from high strung parents, the sister spoke in monotone. "Darcy. I gave you $100. Where is it?" She interrogated.

"I spent it." Darcy answered simply.

"On what?" Her sister asked impatiently.

"The food you wanted." Darcy held out a shopping bag as her alibi.

Her sister yanked the bag away. She peered inside. True enough, the food she asked for was inside. She made quick work of unloading the bags where they belonged: fridge, basket, spare space. When it was done she pulled out a bag of baby carrots, starting to snack on them.

"My change?" Morgan Spencer asked, offhandedly.

Darcy Anderson shook her head. Her eyes darted to the movie posters, her hand fidgeted her the belt loops on her jeans.

"Receipt?" Morgan tried instead.

Darcy, again, shook her head. She sucked her lips in, seemingly biting them to keep words inside.

Morgan let out a long sigh. She was fourteen in human years, but felt her full one hundred and seventy-six when dealing with her twin sister. "Darcy." She warned.

Her sister groaned loudly. She stuffed her fists into her khaki pockets. She pulled out a crumpled ten dollar bill.

Morgan didn't reply. Instead she straightened the bill out, flattening all the creases. Once satisfied she put it away in her wallet. "I'll take it to my other vault later."