Traveling

*(Y/n's) POV*

     You calmly walked through-out the forest nearby to your home town with your light blue shirt and greyish/black shorts along with black and white converses. Your (H/L) (H/C) hair was pulled up in a neat ponytail to help keep you cool since it was nearly summer.

     You took a deep breath of the sweet, flowery scents of the still blooming trees and bushes around you and stopped beside a bush as a low growl sounded from the surrounding area.

     You didn't know what it was but after a few minutes of crouching beside the holly bush, nothing happened so you stood up and continued walking but with more caution than before. 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

     The door shut behind you as you walked into your cottage and within moments, half of the candles in your home lit and the curtains were drawn away from the windows. You smiled at the sight of your two younger brothers standing in the middle of the main room and rushed toward them with two objects in your hands.

     Jayden, the older of your brothers by a few minutes, grinned and gave you a hug once he saw to small items clutched in your hands. The younger of your brothers, Maxwell, smiled and nodded to you. He wasn't big on physical contact or talking, unlike Jayden, who was an extreme extrovert.

     "(Y/N)!" Jayden exclaimed and tapped his foot a few times while staring at your hands. You giggled a bit and held out one hand to each of your brothers, the objects now completely visible. Both boys gasped and swiftly took the two objects and broke into large grins.

     "Thanks big sis!" Jayden yelled as he tore the wrapper of the candy you had bought for him and plopped the chocolate candy into his mouth.

     Maxwell smiled sweetly and inspected his candy before silently stashing it way in the pocket of his shorts "Th-thanks" he whispered in a hoarse voice before giving you a hesitant hug and walking to the other side of the main room.

     You glanced at your brother, who had already finished his sweets and softly pated him on his shoulder "How's Max been?...He seems to be doin' better" you whispered in a gentle voice and gestured to your brother, who was now sitting on the couch.

     Jayden's smile vanished moments later and you suddenly began to wonder if you should've kept away from the topic but a smile re-appeared...clearly it was forced but at least Jayden didn't feel too sad.

     "He's...okay"  you rose a brow as Jayden paused but didn't pressure him.

     You just nodded and lead your brother toward the kitchen so the two of you could speak in private.

     "I'm sorry for bringing this up but I need to know if he's okay..." you trailed off before placing a hand of Jayden's shoulder and looked him straight in his eyes "Are you okay as well, after Mom...I just need to be sure" you explained softly, a smile of kindness and hope kindled on your face as Jay's face brightened for a moment.

   "Yeah. We're both alright for the most part...we just miss her is all" he said quietly.  Your gaze sparkled with sorrow and you swiftly pulled Jayden into a hug "It'll be okay. I've got everything covered" you said in a comforting tone as you stroked Jayden's back.

     You knew that this wasn't entirely true but it wasn't quite a lie either. You just hoped it lasted long enough for the three of you to get back on your feet.

     Okay, thanks to everyone who is willing to take the time out of their day (or night) to read this. I'm still pretty bad at writing so any feedback or suggestions toward the plot would be great. Stay sweet and stay safe!