20; divine move

Lita didn't know whether to intervene or continue watching Scott & Kira try to fight the Oni

It was a losing battle, each were struggling greatly; Lita didn't doubt that one demon alone would have been enough to keep them occupied, two was almost overkill. They didn't see her, from what she could tell— in fact, Lita didn't think they could see her. Something the nogitsune was doing, on top of the strange Japanese garden he had created within the school, he was also managing to hide Lita from the two supernatural creatures. Or he was simply making her appear as something else.

The latter didn't occur to her until she began to approach Kira & noticed the flash of fear in the kitsune's eyes. The same one she had seen when the girl first engaged in a fight with the Oni minutes prior. Lita stopped for a moment, holding tightly to her sword. She looked down at her hands, seeing the same blood covered hands she always saw, but took notice of something within her sword.

Lita tilted the sword, but no matter which way, she couldn't find her own reflection. All she could see reflected back on the silver metal was an Oni, leading her to believe that was what she was appearing to Scott & Kira as. Lita couldn't care less how she looked, they were preoccupied & now was the perfect time to stab one of them & silence her inner demons for a few minutes. The voices were starting to get whiny & god, Lita hated whiny little bitch voices in her head.

The brunette watched the fight for a few more seconds, her sights set on Kira & the way she was defending herself against the Oni. She was trying to slice at it with her katana, but every strike succeeded only in blocking the Oni's sword— she was getting absolutely nowhere. Lita waited until Kira had turned around, the Oni almost seeming to purposely lure her in the opposite direction to open a window of opportunity for the psychopath.

Lita didn't waste it, as soon as she had the chance she was quick to move forward, stabbing her sword into Kira's back. The kitsune dropped her katana as Lita withdrew her sword & the Oni she was fighting with took a step back, as did the one attacking Scott. Lita backed away as Scott took notice of the fallen kitsune, the girl still breathing but presumably not for long. Lita could see the blackened blood beginning to seep from her wounds, combined with a hint of black smoke she assumed had come from the demonic weapon she was using.

"Kira!" He yelled, rushing over to her.

Lita took that as her cue to leave before he noticed her or the fact that she wasn't an Oni & hurried back out through the door she'd entered from. The Japanese garden & snowfall disappeared as the door shut behind her, a loud clang echoing through the quiet hallway of the school. Lita could hear growls & swords in the distance, presumably out where she had left the nogitsune, but she wasn't going to go looking for trouble.

With an ephemeral silence finally consuming the voices in her head, Lita had come to the decision that she wasn't quite ready to face the consequences of her actions. The nogitsune evidently no longer wanted her— if he wanted her, he would have proved it by now. He was just using her, as she was using him, and Lita had decided that now was the time for her to jump ship before they hit the iceberg & he killed her.