Chapter 24

~Garrett~

As most of you may know, my mate rejected me about 6 or 7 months ago. It was a painful time for me but I am sure that things will work out sooner or later. I moved into the pack house and have been here for a week, there is another pack and I can smell Camryn all over the grounds. 

The Alpha of the visiting pack's name is Riley, and he is very familiar. I have been missing Camryn and my mate so much but there is honestly nothing that I can do that I know of. 

My combat boots made a clicking sound as I walked down the empty hallway that leads to my room. 

As I entered, I looked around it like I always do when I walk in. Layers of dust have piled up onto the tops of the furniture, the walls look dull and grey. If I had the heart to fix it up, I would. I feel like I am living in an abandoned mental hospital that has been closed down for many years. 

I haven't seen Camryn's room for a while, so I walked out of the room and went down the hall that leads to the stairs that lead to the top floor, the abandoned top floor. 

As I walked into Camryn's room, my eyes wandered to the large wooden trunk, I rememberd the day that I found the letter that was on it, telling me that she had run off because she is sick and tired of being the packs punching bag, sick and tired of being so alone for so long... even though I was there for her the whole entire time. 

*Flashback*

 I went upstairs, the door to her bedroom is locked. I knocked on it, "Cam, you there? It's Garret, want to talk?" 

No answer.

I took the key that she gave me and unlocked the door. The place looked barren and empty, like there was nobody living here anymore. There is a note on the bed so I picked it up and began reading. 

To, Whoever finds this note.

I am done being the pack's punching bag, so I have decided to leave. I shifted into my wolf, so I am less vulnerable out there. My mate, well I have nothing to say but rude things. You are the worst when it comes to picking on me and treating me like crap, that is why I rejected you before you got the chance. To my sister Johanna, remember the old times? When we would go outside and sleep under the stars with mom and dad, the time that we ran out to dance in the rain then got sick afterwards? I remember those times really well, but those arn't the times that I dream about. I still remember the day you told the whole pack that I was the one that was in the rapids of the river... the one mom and dad risked their lives to save... I wasn't the clueless 8 year old you made me out to be. I have tests that proove that I have a higher IQ then you anyday. We took those tests that same year mom and dad died. 

To Garret, when I shifted into my wolf, you were there for me. Telling me that everything is going to be okay, I made it through because of you. I cannot thank you enough for everything that you did. You were always there for me when Johanna, my own sister... wasn't. You promised me that in the end, all would be okay. Telling me that it is a new day the next day, another day to start over. You kept me believing and I am grateful for that. You got angry when someone called me names or pushed me around and left me with scars and bruises. You and your mother were always the nice ones, the ones that believed there was another side to a story that happened 8 years ago. When I went to school for the first time since getting new guardians, you were my first real friend here. My wolf and I both wished that you could have been our mate. Whoever is your mate is a very lucky wolf.

From: Camryn.. the abused one.

She's gone, she is really gone forever. Tears threatened to leave my eyes. She really did reach her peak here, nobody but my mom and I like her, or in my case... love. 

*Flashback over*

The tears threatened to leave my eyes again, it hurts to think that the one person you hoped would be your mate, is not. It hurts so bad to know that no matter what, you couldn't help change the way people treated her. And it hurts like hell, to know that I have no idea where she is, who she could be right now, and who she is with, because it sure as hell ain't me. 

Everyday she was gone, is gone... I will miss her, and wish that I could have been the one to help change her life. She could have forgotten me, she could be in another place in the world... millions of miles away from me. 

She could hate me for not helping her as much as I should have, she could still love me and wish that I was by her side, she could wish that I was dead for not holding her closer.

Maybe she would have stayed, maybe she would have gone... I don't know. I wanted to be able to spend every waking minute with her, maybe be her husband in the future, maybe a godfather to her pups. But it is too late for any of it.

And Carter is the one to blame. 

He hurt her and everyone else in the pack, they all crushed her heart.

I don't know if she has already had pups, I don't know if she has already found a replacment mate to be with. Someone for her to love and cherish, to wake up to in the morning and smile because she is there with him. 

My knees buckled and I fell into a trance, all those tears that I had held in were rushing to get out... racing down my face as I sobbed into my hands.

My mom ran up to Camryn's room and wrapped her arms around me, "It's okay Garrett, you will be able to see her again someday."

I  couldn't get words to leave my mouth so I shook my head no, because I don't know where she is, or what she is doing right now. She could be standing on the top of the Eiffel tower, reanacting the Titanic movie with her second chance mate. 

Not everyone gets a second chance at love though. 

"I just miss her so fucking much," I whispered.

"We all do sweetie," My mom rubbed small circles on my back like she used to do when I was a kid.

Life just isn't the same without Camryn Halls, my first love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

SO SO SO SO SORRY that I haven't updated for such a long time, I updated last year and so this is the first update in the new year Woohoo! 

I wanted to go for a sentimental kind of chapter and sorry that it is short but my hands are like cramping and I broke my shoulder last week... so yeah.

ZAC EFRON WHO PLAYS GARRETT ON THE SIDE ~>

love you all!

*VOTE

*COMMENT

*FAN

*RECOMMEND

daretodreambabe ;)