Seven

Samantha awoke to the sound of innocent laughter from her son. She raised herself up on het elbows and looked around the small but lavish bedroom. For a moment she felt disconcerted but as the pilots voice came over the intercom she remembered where she was and with whom. What she was more confused about was how on earth she ended up in this bedroom.

    A niggling feeling in the back of her mind already knew how she ended up in this bed, but the thought of being so close to that man made her tremble inside. He was here to ruin her life and he was willing to throw his money and power around to get just what he wanted.

    She pulled the covers over her legs when she heard foot steps coming towards the room. The door quietly opened and she was greeted by familiar smile on her son's face.

"Mama, mama!" He exclaimed making cute grabby motions with his fingers.

    Nicholas moved further into the room and handed her their son. Their son, how quickly things were changing and she felt all out of sorts knowing she had little to no control over it all. A sense of panick threatened to surface but a pat on her cheek from her son had her burrying her face in his hair and inhailing his scent that immediately calmed her.

    She was all too aware of the man standing in the suddenly too small room, observing them.

    She looked up at him and found his eyes were indeedon her. His face void of expression. She felt uneasy under his probing gaze. His Hazel eyes unapologetically focussed on her. She noticed he had removed his jacket leaving just his white dress shirt. She hated how aware she was of the way the shurt highlighted his broad shoulders. She didn't need to see it off to know he was as solid as he looked.

    Catching her train of thoughts she Shook her head and focussed on his eyes. This time his eyes showed a sense of, awareness. If was gone too soon to tell. The steely look returned to his face.

    "The pilot as announced it's time for dinner. Freshen up and Cone on through." He said before turning to the door. "Is there anything in particular you'd like for dinner?" He threw over his shoulder.

    "I'm not hungry." She blushed when her stomach decided to grumble in that moment.

"Apparently your stomach didn't get that memo." He said with a smirk. "Freshen up, I'll have the hostess prepare you something."

    With that he walked out of the room and she could have sworn she heard him grumble something along the lines of stubborn woman.

    In a childish motion she stuck her tongue out in the durectiin he had gone causing Nicholi to giggle and repeat the motion.

    She playfully ruffled his hair and climbed out of the bed. She found a comb and ran it through her hair and splashed her face with some water in the bathroom.

    "Let's go Bud, it's time to get some food into us. I'm sure you're hungry by now."

    As she walked out of the room a delicious smell tickled her nose. Her stomach rummble once again in approval. She got the disticnt smell of salmon and garlic, sge also smelled chicken. She she walked into the dinning area, the tray tables were set with an impressive selection.

    Nicholas said "I wasn't sure what you liked so I had the hostess bring a bit of everything that we have available."

   "It all looks delicious thank you."

They sat down and had a quiet meal. Nicholi occassionally chiming in with his childish chatter of random words.

She always loved the way he so easily entertained himself. He was never a bother to anyone that she had to have babysit him while she worked.

Samantha thanked the hostess as she came and cleared away their plates.

    "Is he always in a good mood? He seems such a happy baby."

This time she avoided his eyes and instead focussed on her son.

    "Yes, rarely does he ever get fussy. He must feel really uncomfortable or sick for him to cry."

"Hmm, seems he's more like my twin brother in that department. They always seem to be in a good mood, it's annoying."

    The clear fondness in his tone told her he found his brothers anything but annoying. The twinkle in his eyes was a clear sign he shares some good times with then as well. Samantha knew all about the Ronaldi men, she had done her research on them the first time her son had said the word "da-da". Curiousity had led her to do her research.

    Once she had discovered who the sample had belonged to she was at first shocked then intrigued as to why a powerful man like Nicholas Ronaldi had sold his sample for money. He just didn't fit the profile of the men that usual cones into the clinic to donates.

    Deciding it was none of her business and figured the less see knew the better for her, Samantha picked up a magazine and started flicking through the pages. Not surprised at all that there was an entire middle spread dedicated to the man she sat across from. Of course in almost all of the photos his fiance was feature hanging off his arm like the typical trophy side piece women like Penelope aspired to be.

    Samantha couldn't see a woman like that being any type of motherly figure to her precious baby boy. She turned to look at her son who was busy entertaining himself with a remote he had found. He clicked on the buttons and chuckled when the television responded by turning on or up, volume going up or down. She smiled at him sadly. What would life be like fir them now.

    She had a feeling something like this could happen but had always hoped abd prayed it wouldn't.

   Samantha asked "What happens now?" As she placed the magazine down and turned to face Nicholas.

He looked up from some documents that had stolen his attention, or so she thought. Little did she know he has as much trouble reading pass the first line like she had trying to read the magazine.

"Now we sit back, relax and wait to land." He responded with a shrug.

"That's not what I meant." Samantha replied

"Then I'm afraid you'll have to elaborate for me then." Nichlas said putting down the documents and turning his focus on her.

The impact of his gaze was a but overwhelmingly. Nicholas Ronaldi was intimidating, just to sum it all up. However Samantha refused to show signs of weakness in front of him. Not like earlier when she cried.

"I meant what happens now that you've decided to hold us hostage." She grumbled

"Now that's hardly the case Ms. Mackenzie. You're free to come and go as you please." Nicholas responded.

"Yeah right. As if you'd let Nicholi and I out of your sight." She said shaking her head.

"You, yes. Him -" she followed his gaze as he turned to their son "no."

Before she could say anything the seatbelt sign came on followed by the pilots instructions that they were getting ready to descend.

The hostess came and help with the landing preparations then left them again as the plane started to decend.

Samantha turned to stare out the window of the jet and watched as the lights drew closer a sense of doubt settle in her.