four years ago.

Axel's POV

"Alright badass. I dare you to go over to Cyan Roe and tell her cheesiest pickup-line you know." Lukas, my dumbass of a bestfriend, smirked as he nodded his head towards Cyan.

"Okay, bet." I snatched the beanie from on top of his head and put it on mine. "Chicks dig beanies." I winked, heading off towards the back of the class.

"Chicks also dig insensitive dicks, so you got that covered." 

"Fuck off, Luke, I heard that."

I spotted Cyan at the back of the class, sitting in the desk placed in the corner for bad kids. But, she isn't bad, she's just the shy girl with a nice ass. That sounds rude, but that's basically what she's known for. She's known to be sassy to any guy that approaches her with an obvious objective to get with her, but, she's also known to be the highest in the grade.

I eye the algebra textbook she's reading, looking stressed out and confused as ever.

Perfect time to say a punny math pickup-line, right?

I slam my hand down on the desk to get her attention. When those big, blue eyes looked into mine, I put on my signature smug smile that caught anyone's attention. "I'd like to be your derivative, so I can be tangent to those curves." My smug smile still stuck as I waited for some sort of response, but neither of us made a sound besides the corners of my lips splitting as the awkward silence filled the gap between the two of us.

Who?

Can?

Not?

Resist?

A?

Punny?

Pickup?

Line?

Her lips curled into a smile.

Hell yeah! I got into that "shell" of hers. And she's apparently soooooo brutal to any guy that approaches her-

She busted out into laughter, walking away, grabbing her textbook while flipping me off. I stand there, astonished that this is the first time a girl has walked away from me without simply saying a word to me.

She walked to the front of the classroom, still laughing her ass off, and sat down in the very first desk by the door.

"YO!" Lukas ran over to me "What did you say to her?" Lukas looked as shocked as me at the rare sight of Cyan being this loud.

"I just said a punny pickup-line." I said practically breathless.

"I guess you're right," Lucas grabbed his beanie from on top of my head and put it on his "chicks do dig beanies." He looked as chipper as ever as he headed towards Cyan's direction.

Oh poor, naive soul.

I grabbed him by the arm "Nah, man. Don't do it." I whisper. He looked at me with his chipper attitude still standing.

"Why not?"

"Chicks don't dig beanies."

//////