Chapter 3

New cover and name?!1!?!! yea. it fits better with the plot of this story *wink wonk* Also this is 2.2k words y iKes!

Dan's Pov

A constant tune rung in my ears signaling that it was time for me to wake up. I felt around my dresser not even turning around to grab my phone, silencing my alarm clock. I groaned before swinging my legs over the bed letting out an abrupt sigh realizing I had to face another day at school. Those kids were sent from the devil himself that's the only way to explain their horrific behavior.

I look in the mirror applying some cream to my hair to try and make my curls look somewhat descent. The boys at that school all had straight hair but my father said straighteners are one of the devil's many ways to persuade you to change how God made you. "Why straighten your hair when the Lord has blessed you with already natural hair?" he would say. I'm not complaining I like my curls and with my clumsy hands I would probably burn myself several times.

I changed into the red flannel and black pants my mom laid out for me on my bed. I quickly glanced at myself in the mirror and immediately regretted it physically cringing at the outfit. I knelt down next to my bed rummaging underneath it before feeling my hand graze over what I was looking for. I quietly and cautiously pulled the object from under the bed. It was a suitcase and when I unzipped it I was greeted with several pairs of different colored sweaters and jeans and assorted accessories such as flower crowns and earring to go with them. If my parents saw this I would be sent to a church camp immediately until I starting acting like an appropriate male.

I grabbed a lilac sweater and some white pants pairing it with a pure white flower crown and some small white earrings. I draped the clothes over my shoulder clearing out some space in my book bag and placing the clothes as neatly as I possibly could trying not to wrinkle or squash them. At the bottom of my bag I saw a stray paper that I hadn't recognized as any assignment. I pulled it out seeing that it was a flyer " East High Secondary School Annual Music Competition" was sprawled across the top of the paper in big bold letters. I remember Chris saying something about this whilst our teacher was handing it out. On the back attached to it was a sign up sheet; I considered signing up for it since I liked to sing. Although my parents don't exactly approve saying I sound like a girl just because my voice wasn't fit for an alto. I started to re-think my decision when I heard footsteps and quickly scrambled to my feet pretending to be checking myself out in the mirror.

"Daniel are you dressed sweetie" I heard my mother say, "Breakfast is ready honey" she chimed peeking through the door. "Yea mom just checking my hair" I lied running my hands through my hair. She opened the door all the way walking in "Look at my handsome son" she said and I could see in the mirror a smile was plastered across her face, "How do you like the clothes I got you?"

"Oh, there great" I said through gritted teeth. "Well I'm glad you like them but it's almost time for you to get on the bus so go down and eat some breakfast" she replied walking out the door. I sighed gathering my stuff and sliding the suitcase back under my bed.

***

Once I finished breakfast I stood on the sidewalk waiting for the bus to arrive. I heard footsteps clapping against the pavement the sound approaching me. As the figure approached I got a better view of whom they were and I wish I hadn't. Unlike the other boys at my school I had his named carved into my mind.

Phil Lester.

He stalked up to me and once he reached me his tall stature intimidated me slightly. His eyes gouged into mine and were filled with an emotion I couldn't quite describe but it wasn't very pleasing.