v. STUDY BUDDY

CHAPTER FIVE
( STUDY BUDDY )

CHAPTER FIVE ( STUDY BUDDY )

THE LIBRARY WAS QUIET as Remus and Estelle sat at a table by the window, studying for an Ancient Runes assessment together. That is, except for James. He was whining about how long they were taking, and trying to distract either Estelle or Remus constantly.

He had insisted on coming with them, knowing all they would be doing is studying, his argument being that 'If you hang out with Moony, Elle, you might start to like him more than me'. Naturally, she responded by saying that she already liked Remus more than James. James wasn't very pleased by this.

"James, if you don't shut up, you're going to get us kicked out," Remus scolded, not even bothering to look up from his textbook. Estelle gave a snort of amusement, and James glared at her before responding.

"Well then stop being so boring, you two. This is no fun." James huffed, sitting back in his chair so that it rocked back at forth.

"It's Ancient Runes, Jamie, it's not supposed to be fun," Estelle told him, shaking her head. "And stop doing that before you fall backwards and crack your head open."

"I'm not gonna crack my head open, Elle,"

"Keep doing what you're doing and you just might!" She pulled out her wand, muttering a spell under her breath to keep his chair glued to the floor. "Seriously, James, I'm not gonna be the one dragging your arse to the hospital wing."

He crossed his arms, pouting at her. "I can drag myself there, thank you very much."

She only shook her head, and Remus looked back and forth between his two friends with an amused look in his eyes. He had been James' best friend since first year, and Estelle's friend since they sat with each other during their first Ancient Runes class in third year. The thought of the two of them eventually crossing paths and becoming friends had never crossed his mind, but now that they were—he couldn't imagine them not being friends. They just fit.

"If you would stop your bickering, Estelle is right," Remus finally looked up, raising his eyebrows at James. "And I doubt Sirius would be very happy to see his Jamesie in the hospital. Or Euphemia, for that matter."

"Oh, Moony, not my mum. Why'd you have to go there?" James whined at the taller boy.

"You pulled the mum card?" Estelle laughed quietly, causing Remus to send her a subtle wink. "Now I want to meet your mum, James. I'm sure she's wonderful. Probably bloody exhausted though, since she has to deal with you."