5

I take that back, I hated the new Chloe. Almost a year had gone by since the accident. Chloe had been doing much better. She could walk with her prosthetic and life was starting to get back to normal. I was more excited than ever.

Even though everything was going well, it still wasn't the same. Chloe wasn't the same and I had no idea why. She still didn't get overly excited for anything, she was more of a downer. I was determined to find out the problem.

"Hey Chlo, can I ask you something?" I asked her.

"Yeah I guess." She said.

"Where is the old Chloe that I loved? The Chloe from before the accident. I miss her." I admitted.

"Becs, that Chloe didn't know what near death felt like. That Chloe had two legs." She said.

"Is there a possibility that I could get that Chloe back?" I asked.

"Not really." She said. I was upset by this, there had to be some way to get her back to normal.

Days turned into weeks. Months turned into years and Chloe was still depressed. The happiest and most excitable person I had ever known, was suddenly the saddest, most depressed person I knew.

There was no possible way to turn that around. I still loved her though. I knew, deep down, she was still that upbeat girl I had known and loved. I needed something to bring that out of her.

"Chloe! Guess what!" I said as I walked through the front door of our house.

"What?" She asked.

"I got us a karaoke machine!" I said.

"I have nodes, I can't sing." She said.

What a downer. I paid three hundred dollars for that to make her happy and she hated it. Well, at least I tried.

"Hey Chloe! Guess what?" I called as I came home from work a few weeks later.

"What is it this time?" She asked, irritated.

"I booked us an appointment for mani pedis!" I said.

"I only have one leg, no thanks." She said.

"Come on, at least get your fingers done!" I said.

"I guess it won't hurt to go." She said.

We took Aubrey and Aubrey brought her baby. She had gotten married to a great man and they had a daughter name Elle. Chloe adored the baby and never put her down.

I think I knew exactly what would bring the old Chloe back.