T w e n t y t w o

"Overthinking gets the best of us" -10 year old Yura

Mark's

Walking away from the rushed crowd of people trying to help my dying girlfriend, i couldn't help but feel this pain. Not only in my head, my whole body. What was this?

I hope shes okay but i showed up late, is being okay even a consideration?

God dammit.

Shes not gonna live is she?

i started to panic as my heartbeat quickened. Don't think that mark shes going to be okay, shes going to be okay.

but what if she isn't?

then i just have to

let her go.

*Flashback*

(still Marks POV)

"hey, is this seat taken?"

she giggles, "no it isnt"

Damn. those giggles could bring me back to life. I'm so in love with her, should i tell her now?

i took my seat on the swing next to her as we both looked up at the starry night in silence.

"Yura,"

"Hmm"

"I have something to tell you,"

"uhh, Mark, I do to,"

"Yura, Im in love with you"

without hesitation i said it, i didn't regret it one bit and i just looked down hoping she would say the same.

"Mark, I-I, I'm leaving"

i instantly shot up

"what? what do you mean you're leaving?"

"Mark, my family and i are leaving."

she looked down, she had sorrow and sorry all over her face. she felt bad and i wasn't too sure what to do.

i just grabbed her hand pulled her into a hug and let her cry on my chest. i dint care that this was one of my favourite sweaters or anything else in the world. i only cared about her at the moment in time.

"I love Yura. Ill wait for you even if i dont see you anymore, ill wait."

"mark i-i"

"its okay, just let it out"

"mark i-i-i love you too."

she sobbed and cried, screaming in frustration in the process.

~

(at the airport)

i hugged her for the last time, i even kissed her forehead for god sake. i did a little handshake with Youngjae and hugged him for the last time to. We enraged each other until hours turned to minutes and minutes turned to seconds.

It was our last seconds together and I was growing anxious for their flight and my relationship with Yura.

We held hands as I walked her over to the gate for her flight. I kissed her for one last time.

The lady called for we and that's when our hands slid against and past each other.

Our fingers just brushed across each other like a paint brush gliding across the canvas, like butter.

This was time i was alone again.

The time when i left Yura.

The time when i,

Let her go.

Present Time *Marks *

Sliding past people i walked. i decided to occupy myself since they said the blood transfer and overall surgery on her would take a while. i grew impatiently scared to the point where my worry wasn't even a question anymore. Sure we were just kids at the time and sure i knew she had to go so i let her but this, this is different.

i walked to a nearby convenient store and walked around slowly to kill some time. i skim through the aisles as the sun sets at a slow pace. i ran my slim fingers against the circular boxes with the labels of "Ramyeon". i pressed my finger up against one and grabbed it harshly. i thenn proceeded to throw it in the basket along with other good like cheese, an egg and some other toppings.

i mixed in the hot water, cracked the egg, added cheese and did everything else needed for the perfect comfort food to try and take my mind off things even if it was for just a couple seconds.

i tasted the nice and hot ramyeon for the first time in forever. It soothed my worried heart and stressed out soul. By the time I finished I wiped my mouth clean and exited the store. I felt the cold breeze hit me. It was now 3am and I jogged back to the hospital and waited around again.

I sat back down into the hospital waiting room chairs. I was exhausted. My body sunk into the cushions of the chair. I slowly closed my eyes gently and drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

word count//741

time and date written// 16/11/19 4:43pm

time and date published// 16/11/20 3;31pm

thanks for reading! sorry i had a really busy two weeks and i had terrible writers block! im editing my got7 video and ill make sure to inform y'all if you're interested :))

thanks for reading~!