Chapter 19 - Holiday Time

After the shifting, two months had passed by in a giffy. With Busy Life for both Manik and Nandini

(Nandini's POV) I was fixed with work to be done from home than from clients' place. Once the data is organised, my work time will be reduced drastically. Rishabh went to the club with his friends as it was a Sunday. On most of the Sundays Rishabh along with his friends and made sure that he would meet Manik. Sometimes, on request, I cooked food for Manik and sent them. I didn't have time to go and meet Manik or was I avoiding him. With next week, Malhotra group's contract will be over. I just need to go to the meetings, for checking how the plan is being implemented. I didn't have the time to think about Manik and my feelings.

On Monday, when I was waiting in the conference room of Malhotra's company, Manik came in with Mr.Roy.

(Manik) "Hi, Ms. Murthy. Today's meeting will be with me and not Roy. Over the next two days, we will be discussing and finalising the plans and others. Mr. Roy, you can go now." (Manik spoke in a professional manner)

(Roy) "Here you go sir, the files. See you later, Ms. Murthy."

(Manik) "Get ready to answer my questions. Mr. Roy, please go and check over the reports that arrived in the morning."

(Roy) "Sure, sir."

(Nandini's POV) As much as I wish for him to stay, Mr. Roy also looked like he wanted to stay, but Manik can be very obstinate at times or should I say, most of the times. Seeing Mr. Roy leave,

(Manik) "So can we start, Ms.Murthy?"

(Third Person's POV) Nandini herself didn't realize but she didn't like the way Manik spoke to her in a professional tone somewhere she was expecting him to call her Nandini but more she was waiting to hear Nandu from his mouth. She really didn't understand why she wanted the same 

(Nandu) "Ready when you are."

(Nandini's POV) Manik is a sure taskmaster when it comes to work. Surprisingly, he listened patiently and asked relevant questions as and when required and made sure the strategy was a solid plan with the required space for change. He is tiring and harder to deal with than Roy. Maybe, that is why he is the President when young. Roy did say that he was brought up with the sole propose of leading the Malhotra group and Manik was also dedicated since he loved his grandfather, who looked after him after his father died. But, he must really give me a break and listen to what I have to say. Once I start my sentence and he understands, before I complete it, he moves on to the next topic of discussion. He is really irritating in this aspect. I am surprised people can even work under him without throwing their papers in within a week. The meeting had got over as planned.

The same was the case on Day Two as well once the meeting was done,

(Nandini in her mind) Finally I have got a break for my holidays.. Luckily all my meetings with the scheduled clients have got over and for next two weeks I am free.. I am just super happy.. it feels amazing going to my town.. My Grandfather's home

Soon Nandini's thoughts were disturbed by Manik.

Suddenly, Manik asked me what I was doing the next week. Nandini replied that she was going to her town along with Uncle, Aunty and Rishabh to visit her Grandfather's grave on his death anniversary (His body wasn't cremated unlike the Hindu customs because Nandini wanted to be close to him)

Manik asked if he could join them on. Nandini said yes but on one condition that he completes work on time and if he gets a nod from Mr. Roy because even on the day of shifting, he had skipped work and later had to pull an all-nighter.