Chapter 21 - Christmas Party

(Nandini's POV)

The next day, being a Saturday I decided to go for shopping. For a foul mood, shopping always makes me feel better and even Rishabh had decided to hang out with his friends. I never thought Manik will be the one to put me in such a mood. By lunch, I realised that I had shopped too much. So I decided on going back home after having lunch. As I was heading for a restaurant, I saw Manik carrying a bunch of bags more than mine and Navya with him coming out of a classy mall. Here I thought I can improve my mood and seeing them my mood was again back to square one! Though I must say, she is quite a beauty. A type any guy will fall for. She is as tall as a model, not to say perfect curves, long hair that is almost brownish hair, beautiful, elf like face, even the dress she wears compliments her very well. She and Manik looked very good together. Sigh. Seriously, Nandini, you came to shop to get rid of these feelings and now...... I wanted to ignore them completely and wanted to pass by them especially Manik. I don't think he will recognise me among all the people, but fate.

(Navya) "Nandini! What a coincidence to see you here! Shopping? What did you get? Manik here isn't allowing me to buy anything just because he is paying

(Navya) "Nandini! What a coincidence to see you here! Shopping? What did you get? Manik here isn't allowing me to buy anything just because he is paying. He doesn't even allow me to spend a few grands. Isn't he mean?"

(Nandini's POV) I saw him. He averted eyes from me as if I would ruin his good mood.

(Nandini) "I guess. But he is always generous towards the ladies who are a beauty and the ones he likes; I am sure he will buy whatever you ask for. Didn't you get one for me, Manik?"

(Nandini) "Anyway, I think that I should leave. My shopping here is over. So..................."

(Nandini's POV – it's all the thoughts that was running in Nandini's mind ) But Navya dragged me along with them for Lunch and she didn't want to listen a "No". My mood had just got worst and I wanted to run away. Please bhagwanji help me. I want to run away, why you are testing my patience. God please do something. She wanted to cry but her dumb tears would not come out in front of Navya. It rolled down only in front of her Dadaji and obviously the person who is in front of me but with someone else

Then we had gone to a posh Italian restaurant and even there Navya was only chatting and Manik and I were just quiet. She always mentioned that she was the only girl that Manik is closed. This irked me. I was just wondering if he had told her about the love confession. I doubt because he was so comfortable and enjoying her company. The moment we all had our lunch, I excused myself and ran from there.

(Nandini's POV continues) When I came back home, it was almost evening and I was damn tired not because of shopping but because of the afternoon instances of seeing them together. I have to accept, Manik is handsome, manly, and also rich, any girl will fall for him. Tall, well built, his black hair shining, sky blue eyes, a confident aura, charming personality, so hard to get angry at him and you can't stay angry with him. You can't ignore his presence. He brightens the room the moment he enters. Sigh. What to do? I am not able to stop thinking about her and Manik. Why must Manik upset me so much?