The Alpha's Rejection: I Rejected The Alpha

Intro-

Mates are forever whether we like it or not. You don't get a choice in who you're bound to for the rest of you life. But you do get a choice in whether or not you spend the rest of your lives together. He didn't want me, that much was obvious from the look on his face. I was just doing us both a favor, neither of us needed the scandal it would cause if either of our packs found out.

Females are always the ones being rejected, why couldn't I change the story a bit? Did it really matter who rejected who when we both would be getting what we really wanted?

Freedom.

I didn't want to be put through the hell my mother lived for over 20 years and he didn't want to lose the Barbies on his speed dial.

I don't want a mate, don't need one. So why don't you go back to your pack and we'll pretend this never happened.” Ignoring your inner wolf when she's howling is never easy, nor is it easy to ignore this absurd urge I have to rub against his hard body like a cat in heat.

Excuse me? What did you just say?” His voice gave me shivers, made me ache in ways I'd never ached before and it was annoying. But what pulled my attention away from the fireworks across the lake was the absolute irritation in his voice.

I didn't stutter, you heard me. Now go on, before some one sees us together.” I make a little shooing motion with my hand even though I knew better. He was a purebred Alpha and everything I was doing right now was a deliberate sign of disrespect. He wouldn't let me get away with it for much longer, I knew.

Mate or not, his genetics wouldn't allow it.

You're rejecting me?” I really don't think I should find such satisfaction in his irritation, at least, I don't think I should be showing it. He could snap my neck without even blinking.

I've never been very afraid of death, though. “Duh. Gosh, you're so dense.” My lips twitch, fighting to curl into the grin I wanted so much to display. But I fought it, only because my wolf was going crazy from the need to be with her mate. She would get over it, though. After all, you can't miss what you never had, could you?

You're walking a fine line, mate. I'd watch myself if I were you.” He growled, the deep, dark timbre of his voice sending another shiver down my spine. “You're not supposed to be rejecting me, I'm supposed to be rejecting you.”

He almost sounded like a child when he whined. Only I'd never heard a child sound quite so dangerous before.

Rolling my eyes I turn my attention from the beauty before us and take a good look at him. Tall, black hair, blue eyes, lashes to die for  and a body that would make every she-wolf I knew pant when they laid eyes on him. He was gorgeous and I just couldn't help annoying him.

Poor, little male.” Stretching up onto the tips of my toes I pat his cheek condescendingly. “Must really suck to be you, huh?”

 Its short, I know, but I'm just testing the waters with this one before I upload anymore. If you like it comments and votes would be much appreciated.