One: Anna's P.O.V.

The Alpha's Rejection-(I Rejected The Alpha)

1-

Must really suck to be you, huh?” I should have anticipated his response. I should have braced myself .

His hand wrapped possessively around my throat and he lifted me off my feet, turned and pressed my back into the nearest tree trunk. Dark eyes glowered at me dangerously when he pushed his face closer to mine. “Must suck to be me? You're mine, mate, whether you like it or not.” His lips curled off his teeth in a snarl, low growls rumbling in his chest. “I can make your life a living hell with a snap of my fingers.”

Ooh, I'm so scared I'm shaking in my boots.” It was a defense mechanism. I'd long ago decided I wasn't going to just lie down and take any one's abuse or empty threats. And that wasn't about to change just because it was my mate doing the threatening.

A superior smirk played across his features when he glance down at the Spongebob slippers covering my feet. I knew the taunting, the teasing was coming before he ever opened his mouth and I reacted on instinct. It wasn't surprising-at least not to me-when my knee jerked up and made solid contact with his family jewels.

His expression distorted from the smugness of seconds ago into a grimace of pain and his hand released my throat, going to his crotch as he fell to his knees. “You.. bitch.”

My nose wrinkles. Was that supposed to be an insult? A bitch is a female dog, hello is he forgetting what I am? Maybe my mother really was right. A guy's only working brain is in his pants.

You should really keep your insults to yourself, they're not very creative.” I turn, prepared to make the hour long trek back to my house when his gravelly voice stopped me.

Don't think this is over, mate.”

~*~*~*~

My wolf was still howling out her displeasure when I climbed through my bedroom window of my new foster family's house. I didn't have a house key or I wouldn't have bothered with the antics of attempting to sneak back in without being noticed. They knew as well as I did that I haven't been in the house all night like I was supposed to be. There was really no point in pretending otherwise.

It wasn't all that surprising to see the pack's new Beta pacing the length of the twin sized bed I still had yet to use. Nor were the glower on his face or the blast of anger coming off him in waves all that shocking. I'd been given specific orders, every member of the pack had, to stay in the house all night and not go exploring our new environment. I had disobeyed a direct order from our Alpha, however unintentionally, and that was a big no-no.

Oh well. “Where were you?” Sea green eyes glare at me from behind long dark lashes the same color as the hair that laid carelessly on his shoulders. A long sleeved gray shirt stretched across the broad expanse of his chest, the frayed hem tucked carefully into the waist band of his faded jeans. If it wasn't for the military issued combat boots on his feet I might have thought he'd just come from his own house.

“I went for a run.” The calm facade I'd had earlier in the forest with... him fell and my voice shook no matter how hard I tried to stop it from doing so. It was irritating that I couldn't tell even the slightest lie around this man but I've learned to accept-er, live with it. I've learned to live with it, accepting that there's even a single person on this Earth that I could not lie to is unacceptable.

His lips thinned, eyes narrowing and his nostrils flared as he drew in a breath. Scenting my sort-of lie no doubt. “You were told to stay inside for the night, everyone was. Where did you go?” It was more than likely that he already knew where I had been but I guess it was “mandatory” to ask the question in case I wanted to try and lie my way out of it. Pointless really but some kids try.