on his first day on the job, tyler arrived with a coffee cup in hand and his shirt tucked in, a smile on his face. he looked up at the tall office building and took a deep breath before walking in the revolving doors. 

he saw the secretary at her front desk and walked over to her. she looked up at him and raised an eyebrow slightly, as he was a new face and he was walking in here like he worked here. which, you know, now he did, but she didn't know that. 

"can i help you?" she asked, her dangly earrings sparkling as she tossed a lock of her smooth auburn hair behind her shoulder. the nametag on her floral-print dress read "debby". tyler tried to smile at her. 

"um. yes, actually; i'm looking for, um, laura dun? she - she asked me to come meet her, today, is all," tyler mumbled, ducking his head for a second. debby hesitated a minute before nodding slightly and typing in something on her computer. after a moment, she nodded and looked back up.

"are you tyler joseph?" she asked, and tyler nodded, probably more than he should have. he just wanted this day to go well. debby gave him a curt nod and some sort of a small credit-card thing - which, if he looked closer, seemed to be some sort of id badge. 

"here," she told him, "use this to get into doors and stuff. it's temporary until we can get you a permanent one. this is a visitor's badge. now, to get up to laura dun's office, go to the elevator, which is right there," - she pointed - "and push the button for the fourteenth floor. that's where you'll find her," debby told him, and tyler nodded gratefully and thanked her before running off to the elevator. 

he didn't see her roll her eyes.