six

Team USA were about to play Germany, and Coach Bombay was nowhere to be seen - so the team were panicking.

"Hey, team! We're gonna be great today, alright?" Tibbles clapped. "Where's Gordon?"
Luis shrugged. "You tell us."
Tibbles frowned. "I don't believe this."

"Team USA, I'm sorry, but without a coach behind the bench, you'll forfeit the game." The linesman said.
"But you can't do that!" Adam argued.

"We have one!" Charlie spoke up. "Miss McKay!" He skated up to her.

Hailee watched as Charlie begged her to pretend to be their coach. The linesman skated up to them, waiting for an answer.

"Here she is, our coach: Coach McKay." Charlie said.
"What're you waiting for? Let's play!" She said, sternly.
The linesman nodded in approval. "Let's go!"

Hailee was sat on the bench for most of the time and was eager to get out and play. The familiar sound of the duck whistle Gordon owned was heard and Team USA turned to face him.

The game stopped as Gordon ran down to his team.
Hailee looked back at Luis and shook her head - this guy really knew timing.

"Come on in, let's go! Come on!" Gordon ordered.
Once Goldberg, Jesse, Guy, Fulton and Charlie had joined the team at the bench, Gordon begun.

"Team... guys... I was wrong, and I'm sorry. I forgot about the team and the team is all I have. And what I want, is another chance... just one more shot. I'm back, okay? Believe me."
A smile formed on Hailee's lips as she nodded.
Gordon grinned and pointed at Hailee before clapping. "Now that's the spirit I'm looking for!"

***

Ever since Gordon returned, Team USA were on fire. With Team USA's signature 'Flying V', they were tied with Germany.

There was only two more minutes of the game left and at the very last minute, Hailee and Luis were switched with Connie and Guy.

"We've got this." Luis said as they skated on.
"What do you mean?" Hailee asked, raising an eyebrow.
"You're gonna get the puck, you're then gonna pass to me, I'll be beside you. I'll pass back to you, you'll pass back and I'll pass to you once more. This'll confuse the other team. Then you score!"

Hailee laughed and shook her head. "Luis, are you sure-?"
"I said we've got this." Luis said. He gave his girlfriend a peck on the lips before putting his helmet on.
Hailee smiled and put her helmet on to hide her red cheeks.

Within a few minutes, Hailee had stole the puck from a Germany team member and heard Luis call out her name.

He was skating a few metres to her side, like he said.
As the two skated towards the goal from their end, Hailee saw some of the opposing team members coming towards them.

As one was about to steal the puck from her, she passed it to Luis.
Luis passed it back as the same member tried to take it from him.

Another team member attempted to take the puck out of Hailee's possession but she passed it back to Luis.

As the two Germany team members were struggling to decide which one to target, Luis passed back as they were coming up towards the net.

Hailee swung her hockey stick back and hit the puck straight into the net.

Everyone cheered and Luis took hold his spare hand in hers.
They skated around the side of the rink, punching the air with their hockey sticks.

The whistle blew and Team USA jumped into the air and cheered.
Hailee skated past the fans in the audience and grinned when she saw the happy facial expressions shared.