2

He woke up, and she was still there. It hadn't been a dream. 

"Remus?" 

"I'm here," he responded, smiling softly at her sleepy form. She got up, pulling on a jumper to protect herself from the December cold, and following him downstairs.

------------------------------------------

"So where are the others?" Ashlynn asked over her tea. She didn't miss the way he paled, how he sighed before responding. 

"You missed a lot. Things aren't good."

"What do you mean?"

"About a year ago,  shit hit the fan," Remus began to explain. "James and Lily had gone into hiding a year before, when Lily got pregnant. Sirius being named the secret keeper. Everything seemed fine, but we all knew the war was getting worse.  Things got tense, everyone was fighting. When Harry was born, Sirius switched the responsibility over to Peter so it wouldn't be as suspicious. 

Before we knew it, James and Lily had been killed. Harry was a year old," Remus paused, watching the tears stream out of Ashlynn's wide eyes, before continuing.

"Sirius was furious. He figured out that Peter had sold the Potters out; I couldn't stop him from going after the rat. Everything went wrong; Aurors found the scene, but they thought Sirius had murdered a bunch of muggles, even though it had been Death Eaters. He's in Azkaban now," Remus finished. 

Ashlynn had barely said a word since arriving home, but now she had a firm, determined look on her face. 

"This was a year ago, you say?"

"October of last year, so yeah. Why?"

"Where's Harry now?"

"He's at his aunt and uncle's house. Muggles. It's dreadful," Remus supplied. 

Ashlynn nodded. 

"Address?"

"4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey."

Ashlynn gave him a quick peck on the lips. 

"I'll be back."

Two hours later, she arrived with a two year old child in her arms. 

The boy had a scar in the shape of lightning on his forehead. 

"Ashlynn, what did you do?" Remus asked upon recognizing the child. 

"This is the boy, right?"

"Yeah, but how did you get him out?"

"Remus, I'm a kind person. Adults love me."

"You are an adult. You're 24."

"You get the point. I just explained that I was Lily and James' friend, willing to take the kid off their hands. They practically threw him at me."

"What are we supposed to do now?"

"Raise him, obviously," She claimed, rocking him slightly in her arms. She looked up, as if she had remembered something. 

"We'll also need to get Sirius out. I've got connections, I can make that happen."

"You have a lot of faith in yourself, don't you?" Remus asked, coming over and taking Harry out of her arms.

"Well, someone has to," she said, smiling at the sight of Remus holding the child.