Chapter Eighteen❄

Elsa's P-O-V.

My eyes flutter open from my unintended slumber. I looked around to see that I am in my room,  the clock on the wall indicates that it is already after lunch and the growling of my stomach proves it though.
I wanted to rub my forehead but my hand is held by something,  my head snapped to my left side and saw him sleeping beside me while sitting on a chair and rested his head on the side of the bed while hurrying his face on his folded arm on my bed,  his right hand held my hand softly.

"Jack." I whispered.  Staring at his white hair,  I stroked it gently with my free hand and planted a kiss on his hair that made him conscious.

"Hey." I greeted softly.

His smile was wider than expected. "Oh my snowflake!  Thank goodness you're awake."

"I'm alright." I said. "How did you get here?"

He rubbed his nape with his free hand. "I...  I was visiting,  yeah,  visiting and saw Lyra in daze because you were found unconscious so I decide to stay here."

I gasped. "Oh. I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"Disturbing you." I whispered. "And making you worried."

"Nah.  It's okay,  snowflake." He smiled.

My eyes widened. "S-snowflake?"

He gasped. "Oh. Uhm...  Hehe."

"Why do you call me that?" I asked. "Did I need to know something,  Jack?"

He rubbed his nape again. "Elsa.  I don't know... "

"I want to know something Jack!" I demanded. "Are you or are you not a part of my past?"

He sighed. "Snowflake,  I am seriously asking you about why didn't you found out anything about your past when the answer is all around you!."

"I don't understand." I mumbled.

"You should figure this out alone,  snowflake." He smiled weakly. "I will try to help but there are things which is still unsolved."

I shook my head. "How can I figure it out when there is still missing pieces?"

"Look,  there is a reason why you are adopted by Mr. Winters. There is a reason why you excelled in history and why you know almost everything about the era of King Jackson Overland and the abducted princess." He sighed. "You should have figured this out now. We don't have much time."

"What?"

"You need to decipher everything as soon as possible." He said. "Or there will be consequences and I don't want that to happen."

"Why don't you just tell me,  Jack?!" I said. "I am here all alone for two years since I have been found by my father without any idea where I came from and all this time you know the answers to the questions that aren't even identified."

"Snowflake,  I can tell you but you wouldn't understand,  not unless you found everything out by yourself." He said while holding both of my hands and planted a kiss on it. "I know that you can do this. You're good at deciphering things. You're a smart girl."

"I still don't understand."

"You will." He said then stood up and loosen his grip on my hand. "I need to go. You need to rest. Call me when you need something. I...  I love you."

I was taken aback when he said those words. He smiled and turned to leave and opened the door when I called out his name.

"Jack." I called out which made him turn his head to look at me.

"Yeah,  snowflake?"

"I...  I love you too." I said sheepishly. He smiled widely and walked back to me and kiss my forehead before he walked away and closed the door behind him.

I groaned. "Ugh. I'm one crazy lady." Then the memory of his lips on my forehead came back to me which made me giggle. "Oh my.  I am starting to act like a teenage schoolgirl."

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Jack's P-O-V

I went home and I saw my mom and dad waiting for me in the living room with an unreadable expression written on their faces.

"Uuhh. Hi?" I said awkwardly.

"You're in a big trouble,  kid." Dad said. "Sit."

I sighed and sat on the couch facing the two people in front of me like a lawyer trying to interrogate me in a court by something I didn't do.

"What did I do now?" I asked.

Dad glared at me. "Did we or did we not tell you to stop seeing that girl?"

"What girl?"

"Elsa Winters." Mom said. "I thought you understand that she is not good for you!"

"You don't know her." I protested. "Why are you judging a person base on what you heard from others?"

"Because that is where our name depends on,  Jack." Dad answered. "She have a bad reputation and we want you to keep your distance from her whether you like it or not."

"Or what?!" I asked,  anger poisoned my tone.

Dad's eyes were flaring. "Or you will no longer be our son."

"So,  you're going to disown me?" I gasped. "Just because of a gossip of everyone to an innocent girl?  She is my friend and I know her more than anyone of you. I can't believe it,  you're going to disown me just because of your mere judgement of a person that depends to some people who can't do anything to their life but to destroy others for their happiness. I thought you're better than that!"

"How dare you answer us like that?" Mom said. "We're only thinking about you!"

"No!  You're thinking abut your reputation and not me!  She is making me happy!" I reasoned out. "Why not support me? That is what parents do."

"Parents are guiding their children to be better." Dad sighed.

"Parents should understand the side of their children." I answered. "You don't know her and I don't think I know you anymore. You're not the parents that I met before."

"Jack.  This is for your future." Mom said. "We can't let it be ruined. You're in the top of your class and being with that curator is not something we have planned for you. There are other girls there,  why choose someone who's name is ruined in the society?"

"Because I don't depend my point of view of someone that depends on what the society judged her to." I snorted. "They don't know her so why should we trust the society when it comes to judgement of once personality? Everyone is fighting their own battle in life and judging them base on what the others think is not the best way to know someone. I thought you know better than that, Mom and Dad."

I stood from my chair and went to my room.

"This is not over,  Jack!" Dad yelled but I just banged the for behind me and locked it.  I groaned before collapsing on my bed and thought about Elsa.

"I'm not going to give you up,  snowflake." I whispered. "I'm not going to give you up."