New Beginning

Mehek's P.O.V.

We said our final goodbyes to our moms and began to drive off I was sitting by the window next to Hussain who was in between Shehry and I. Shehry was in his senior year at Penn State, which was basically a small college town where only students stayed. The entire town was the colleges campus with several buildings and Penn State was known for its sporting activities and supported the largest number of soccer and baseball leagues. It had the largest stadiums and a golf course and an entire arboretum of exotic plants and their own large ice creamery, where they made ice cream on campus. It was the best college in the country. The night Hussain and I found out we'd been accepted into Penn State together, our parents were so proud they'd thrown us a large BBQ party inviting all our friends.

I looked at Hussain as we drove ahead, his face looked a little down I put my hand on his and squeezed it, he looked at me and sighed giving me a faint smile. I'm so happy ki tum mere saath ho Hussain, otherwise living this far away from home would have been impossible for me. As though he could read my mind he put his head on top of mine and his thumb drew circles on top of my palm. We both knew this was difficult because we were so attached to our homes and families but knowing we'd be together to support eachother made this whole new beginning worth it. And even though I was a little upset about leaving behind our homes. I was super excited to begin this new journey and create new memories with my best friend in the whole world. Smiling I shut my eyes and rest my head against Hussain's arm drifting off into a peaceful slumber.

Hussain's P.O.V.

The drive was awfully quite. Next to me I could hear Mehek's soft snores as she slept against my arm. PENN State, it was my dream college and now I'm so close to beginning my journey as a part of it. And what makes it even more special is I'm going to be with my best friend, my only constant. Jitna bhi hum ladley, ek dussre se gussa ho ya naraz ho, hum ek pal ke liye bhi ek dussre se baat kiye bina nahi rehe patey. Our days are always like that we spend hours fighting and the rest making up with eachother. Jhalli hai Mehek aur jitni pagaal hai utni hi dil ki saaf aur khoobsurat hai. I'd once said to Mehek, that whoever she married would always hate me because he would never know her the way I do. Because that's the bond we've shared. I can read her mind, see every emotion on her face even if she tries to hide it. As filmy as it sounds I know her better than I know myself.
It had begun to get a little dark outside as we entered town. All around I could see students walking back from class or dinner. It was the most beautiful campus ever. We passed a large statue of the Nittany Lion which was the patron symbol and nickname of the University. "Accha baccho, we'll first drop Shehry off at his apartment and then go to yours alright?" Pops said looking back at us.
Shehry's apartment building was just a few blocks away from ours. He stayed on Carlisle block
while Mehek and my apartment was on Alexandria block. I woke Mehek up as we reached Shehry's building. I got out of the car and stretched my legs and arms before helping Shehry with his boxes and bags. Mehek and I helped carry them up to his apartment before heading back down. "I'll just settle in a bit and then meet you guys for dinner, I know a great pizza place here I'll see you guys in about an hour at your building" Shehry said after we put all his stuff in his room "Oh good I'm starving" Mehek said as we headed out of his room.

We got back in the car and drove down to our building. Mehek's apartment was down the hall from mine on the fourth floor, exactly five doors away. My apartment number was 4A and hers was 4G. We quickly segregated our bags and boxes from the trunk and began to trudge upstairs put them in our apartments.
The apartment was spacious enough for one person with a large hall and attached open kitchen and bedroom and a large attached bathroom. Mehek's room was the same except she had a small balcony from her room that faced the large hills surrounding the  town and looked over the busy student filled streets of our block. Our block was the closest to the creamery which was perfect because both Mehek and I loved ice cream. I would often sneak into her bedroom back home with a large tub of Mintchocolate chip ice cream and we would go up on her roof with a blanket and sit and talk for hours and eat ice cream or just lie back and gaze at the night sky.

Mehek's P.O.V.

"Uff yaa Meeks how many boxes do you have!" Hussain complained as he dragged the last of my rather large boxes into my apartment. All our apartments were furnished, with built in kitchen cabinets a stove a microwave, coffee machine, television set, a couch set, a large four poster bed that only needed a mattress and built in closets and carpeted flooring. Even our bathrooms had a built in shower+ bathtub. It was perfect and beautiful. All it needed was personalisation which I planned on doing as soon as we were done with dinner and our dads left. "All the boxes and bags are up?" BB asked stepping into my apartment "Yes finally!" Hussain said "Let's go eat, Shehry's bhi aagaya" my dad said I nodded and walked out of my apartment locking it and headed downstairs.
We drove to the pizza place which was crowded with student's Hussain Shehry and I decided to share a large Hawaiian pizza while BB and Pops had steaks and a beer each. By the time we were done with dinner I was too sleepy to even think of decorating and unpacking my bags.
Since Hussain and my block came first our dads dropped us off I hugged both our fathers super tight "Drive safe, we love you" I said as I hugged BB "Love you too meri Jaan, have a great year and be safe" BB said kissing the top of my head. I hugged Shehry goodnight and watched as Hussain hugged my dad. The three of them got into the car first to Shehrys block and the all the way back home. I silently prayed to God to bless them with a safe journey back home, as I waved goodbye with Hussain next to me.

"Chal let's go up, we have to wake up early Orientation begins at 7AM and I'm super sleepy" Hussain said pulling me with him into the building. We reached our floor and "Goodnight" I said sleepily and hugged Hussain "Goodnight Meeks" he said hugging me back "I'll wake you up by 6 okay?" I said walking to me apartment "Alrighty" he said unlocking his apartment and entering it. I heard a faint thud of his door closing as I opened mine and walked in. Luckily we had already set up my bed with my pillows and blankets so all I had to do was change my clothes and pass out. I found my bag and luckily I'd packed my night clothes on top first. I took out my shorts and camisole and headed to the bathroom brushed my teeth washed my face changed and got into bed. I set an alarm for 5:45 AM on my phone and put it on the table next to my bed shut off the light and passed out.