14

"Mom! I'm home!" I called, throwing my backpack on the couch. "Finally!" Someone yelled, but it wasn't my mom. Aaliyah came into the living room from my bedroom. "Aaliyah, I haven't seen you in a while!" I went over and hugged her. "It's great to see you!" Aaliyah grinned and sat down on my couch. "Guess what? We're going to go and visit Shawn in Germany!" She said excitedly. I gaped at her. "No way. That's amazing I'm happy for you guys!" I said smiling. I'll admit, I am a little jealous but this is his family. "Shawn talks about how he missing you guys a lot." Aaliyah beamed at me, "Well, we were wondering if you wanted to come with us and surprise Shawn. We know how much he'll love it, his misses you a lot." She said. As much as I wanted to take up on that offer I knew I couldn't. "Aaliyah, this should be a family thing. You guys go ahead and see him." I told her. Aaliyah shook her head. "Mia, you practically are our family. Please come." I thought got for a moment. "Okay, I'll come." I smiled. "Yay! And you had to come anyway, we bought the tickets." Aaliyah said. We both laughed. "When do we leave?" I asked. "Tonight, so lets go pack your bags." Aaliyah replied. I raised my eyebrows as we went to my room. "How long will we be there?" Aaliyah sat on my bed and took out her phone. "A week."

RingRing.....RingRing...

I looked at my phone and saw Shawn calling me. I answered. "Hey muffin!" Shawn laughed. "Hey love. Guess what?" He asked excitedly. I dug around in my closet for some clothes. "What's that?" "My parents and Aaliyah are coming to see me tomorrow!" He exclaimed happily. I smiled and looked over at Aaliyah. She was beaming at my phone. "That's great news! Aaliyah is here right now, wanna talk to her?" I passed my phone to Aaliyah. "Hi Shawn!" She said. "Hey lil sis, I miss you." I grinned and turned around to pack things in my suitcase. I packed three pairs of jeans, a pair of leggings, and some sweats. Then, one long sleeve shirt, some t-shirts,
and some sweatshirts. "What have you guys been doing?" Shawn asked. "Oh you know...stuff.." I said. "What kind of stuff?" Shawn asked curiously. "Oh you know..." Aaliyah said. "Things.." Shawn chuckled. "You guys are really bad liars." He said. "Shawn, we're here." Someone said in the background. Shawn turned to look at them. "Alright thank you." Aaliyah and I shared a glance. "Where are you?" She asked. "The airport." Shawn said. "You know we haven't even left the house yet." Aaliyah said. "Yeah but I might as well wait." Shawn said. I shrugged, "Okay well, we gotta go Shawn." I said. Shawn pouted. "Aww, I was counting on you to keep me company." He whined. I wanted to tell him that I was gonna see him real soon, but I knew I couldn't. "I'm sorry, I'll text you later though." I said. Shawn sighed. "Okay, bye love. Bye Aaliyah!" Aaliyah waved. "Bye Shawny Boy!" "Bye muffin!" I ended the call. "Alright, ready to go to the airport?" Aaliyah asked. I nodded and grabbed my suitcase. "Ready." We wandered into the hallway. "Ms. Stone! Are you ready?" Aaliyah called. "Yes , I'm coming." My mom came into the hallway dragging a suitcase behind her. "Alright let's go.."