Chapter 21: Voice

What......Is this?

Well, well, well, Riley. How are you sweetie?

....what?

Just a simple question. I guess. I think. No. I know I'll be staying. I've always been apart of you. You just.....you just locked me away.

But I-I do remember. You embraced me. Ah yes. The day you broke out of that little pod. We walked arm in arm. Best friends. We almost took down the city. Then we got our ass kicked. YOU got your ass kicked. You allowed yourself to get beat. You could have-

What. I don't understand. What are you even tal-

You will soon. I'm your better side. Pft. Who am I kidding? I'm not. I'm your stronger side. Im your true side. People claim they know you. People think they own you. You even think you know you. But let me ask you. Bear with me will you. How old are you?

17. I'm 17.

My, my we are getting there. Anyway. How long have you been alive.

........what is that supposed to mean?

You know what I mean.......

..............2 years

Now how do you find your inner meaning, your personality, in the matter of two years. I don't think you even know who you are.

Luckily, I know who you are. I'm the girl that punched that guy in the face when you were 10. I'm the girl who threw that tantrum at the toy store when you were 3. I'm the girl that pushed her fake father off the roof.

S-stop, leave me alone. Didn't he take out the stupid chip? Why does this feel........wrong.

....aha....ahaha.....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.No darling. I've been with you since birth.

Ha-

Don't you dare say it.

Hail-

I-I'm warning you. I don't associate with them. I have nothing to do with them. They ar-

Hehehehe. Hail Hydra.

A picture of me showed up. I was smiling. Happy. My face was glowing with joy. Then it shattered. All over. It caused me pain to watch. I wanted to scream. I was trapped, in my own mind.

"Riley!" Some one snapped. I rolled over from my corner to see Sage holding a McDonalds bag.

"I hope you like bagels" She said opening the cage and putting it in. I pulled it towards me and went back to my seat.

"So Riley I wanted to ask" Robin said eating pancakes.

I didn't look at her. "What happened to you at the camp. Other than acting like a complete idiot."

I twitched. "Don't call me that" I hissed.

She got silent and frowned. "You didn't answer my question"

"Last time I checked I don't answer to you" I said in my same monotone.

"Riley come on dont-"

"You are still talking? Damn I thought you of all people would know when to shut it." I said rolling my eyes.

"Riley that was ru-" Sage started

"That's nice. Tell me when I give two shits."

What is wrong with me. "Shes playing stubborn." Sage grumbled.

People passed to look at Robin in awe. They gave me dirty looks but I chose to ignore it. They took her out of the cell to test her. So I was alone in this corridor.