• 0.9 •

"Why are you doing this again?" Ava asked walking alongside Paul and the rest of the pack. She didn't receive an answer. "Oh right, you can't reply."

She heard Embry's wolf huff and looked back to see a smile on his face.

"What are you laughing at Call?" She questioned playfully. He just kept on grinning.

"I don't like the idea of you guys fighting, what if you get hurt?" She didn't receive a reply again.

"Also why did I have to come to this training thing again? I get that Emily isn't home but I could've just gone back to Aunt Joy's." She whined. Sam huffed her way and she knew exactly what he said.

"Oi, watch yourself Uley. I know what you would've said. Wishing I was back at home too, wait till I get Emily on you." She smirked looking over at him. He huffed again. They could hear groans and fighting noises as they got to the top of a hill. Looking over the edge she saw all the vampires, some standing, some fighting.

Ava watched Jake walk over to Bella. When the two met she said something but Ava couldn't hear it.

"Welcome. Jasper has experience with newborns so he knows how to defeat them." Carlisle explained.

"They want to know how newborns are different from us," Edward added in.

"They're a great deal stronger than us because they're own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of life." Carlisle said then walked off and Jasper came forward. Ava leaned into Paul's warm fur.

"Carlisle's right." Jasper walked forward. "That's why they're created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army. And no human army could stand against them."

Ava's breathed in Paul's scent, trying to calm herself like he normally does the other way around.

"Now the two most important things to remember are first, never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly." Ava's breath got caught in her throat. Paul nuzzled into her side to try and calm her. "The second, never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that. And you will lose."

Jasper then called out to Emmett as he walked away from the wolves.

"Don't hold back," Jasper said.

"Not in my nature," Emmett replied. Then he ran at Jasper who held his ground until he was thrown into the air by Emmett. Running at each other again they fought until Jasper had Emmett on the ground.

"Never lose focus." He said cockily.

Next, it was Edward and Carlisle.

Then Jasper and Rosalie.

Then Jasper and Alice.

It went on until they all agreed it was enough. Paul went over to a bush and shifted into his human form and used some of the clothes he had put in Ava's backpack before they left. Then they walked back to Emily's.

X

"Yes I know Emily's away Paul but I don't want to go up into the mountains with Bell and Edward!" Ava fought back while cleaning Emily's kitchen. She was staying with her sister for a few weeks and even though she was gone, Ava still cooked and cleaned for the pack.

"But what happens if one of those leeches come near here? The field is too close to here for me to be okay with that." Paul argued. Ava sighed and put down the tea towel she was holding. Leaning against the counter she looks at Paul.

"I wouldn't be at risk if you stayed out with me." She offered.

"Ava you know I can't do that!" Paul said. Ava sighed and pushed herself up. She busied herself getting dinner ready while Paul thought.